Plain Old Tele

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

Snowpiercer was so good.

To make this post about numbers, I'll just say fuck you Harvey Weinstein. Snowpiercer is essentially a good Elysium, and with a proper marketing campaign like Elysium, it could've made 100M as counterprogramming in wide release on June 20, instead of the shit numbers it has right now. <_<

• Like 5

Snowpiercer was so good.

To make this post about numbers, I'll just say fuck you Harvey Weinstein. Snowpiercer is essentially a good Elysium, and with a proper marketing campaign like Elysium, it could've made 100M as counterprogramming in wide release on June 20, instead of the shit numbers it has right now. <_<

I like it a lot, but no. It's way too offbeat, bleak, and weird to sustain any type of big breakout, no matter how heavily it might've been promoted.

• Like 3

I like it a lot, but no. It's way too offbeat, bleak, and weird to sustain any type of big breakout, no matter how heavily it might've been promoted.

Apes is just as bleak.

But, yeah, it was probably too weird to do good business here. 

• Like 1

I wonder how Boyhood is doing over dailies. Not having the numbers is a bit of a pain, but weekend numbers are ultimately what matters for predicting the box office of these smaller films. I hope it keeps a $25k PTA this weekend.

How crowded are movies like these on "opening weekend" for select markets? I ask because I want to know if I should pre-buy my tickets for Saturday online.

How is this related to Tues box office: How crowded the movie depends the PTA of Boyhood, which could potentially steal Apes' box office, even after its stellar Tuesday.

How crowded are movies like these on "opening weekend" for select markets? I ask because I want to know if I should pre-buy my tickets for Saturday online.

How is this related to Tues box office: How crowded the movie depends the PTA of Boyhood, which could potentially steal Apes' box office, even after its stellar Tuesday.

In my experience, highly anticipated/buzzed-about limited release movies tend to sell out promptly. Probably safest to get your tickets early.

• Like 1

BEGIN AGAIN jumping from 355k to 483k is pretty big, even with the Tuesday bump. Word of mouth starting to kick in? 

That movie needs to go wide already. Buzz is dying down for it, and it hasn't hit my area at all <_<

After thinking about it... 100M is ridiculous to say :lol: That said, Looper numbers would've been totally doable.

Really?

What?

In my experience, highly anticipated/buzzed-about limited release movies tend to sell out promptly. Probably safest to get your tickets early.

Alright, gotta figure out some logistics, but then I'll buy them tomorrow :D