Plain Old Tele

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

I don't understand people who liked the first one better. I mean, you can have your opinion, but the climax and scenes of intensity were brilliant and incredibly thrilling and made Rise's Golden Gate Bridge scene look like a wimp in comparison.

So I was looking at the current standings for biggest movies of the summer. Other people have probably mentioned this or realized it, but it just occured to me that Avengers Age Of Ultron will come close to having a bigger OW than the final domestic gross of the biggest films of summer 2014.

The current #1 film of summer is still only at 229M (and we're already past the middle of July!!!!), and while I think Ultron might come in just a bit under that, that number is certainly at least on the table for it.

That's just crazy.

• Like 1

Hm, really? Color me surprised

Don't be.  The first is one of my faves of the last decade.  It dealt a lot with animal rights and that really appealed to me.

Wednesday:

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 6.64 (-31%)

Transformers - 1.94 (-25%)

Tammy - 1.63 (-23)

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 1.18 (-21%)

Earth to Echo - 1.06 (-20%)

22 Jump Street 1.01 (-20%)

Maleficent - 0.77 (-21%)

Deliver Us from Evil - 0.64 (-23%)

America - 0.39 (-6%)

Begin Again - 0.39 (-18%)

• Like 1

Wednesday:

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 6.64 (-31%)

Transformers - 1.94 (-25%)

Tammy - 1.63 (-23)

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 1.18 (-21%)

Earth to Echo - 1.06 (-20%)

22 Jump Street 1.01 (-20%)

Maleficent - 0.77 (-21%)

Deliver Us from Evil - 0.64 (-23%)

America - 0.39 (-6%)

Begin Again - 0.39 (-18%)

Thanks Spatula. Horrible for Apes. TF4 looks like its heading towards a good drop after 2 bad ones.

Don't be.  The first is one of my faves of the last decade.  It dealt a lot with animal rights and that really appealed to me.

Good point. I like both of the recent Apes movies a lot; they're pretty underrated when discussions of blockbusters come up