Plain Old Tele

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

For all its faults I consider it a far better movie than X-Men Last Stand which I think should be kicking around in the 5s.

or maybe SM3 should have been higher  ;)

And yet Spider-Man 3 was better reviewed (RT: 63% vs 58%) and it sits at 6.2 on IMDB .

IMDB should represent GA to some extent, there's little to no correlation between IMDB and RT score.  

Seems very high to me as well. Maybe the avg is inflated from all the 10s for TDK.  Seriously the big fan boy movies avg so many more votes than other movies and the scores tend to be inflated so that might explain why the avg seems so high over the IMDB even though most films are probably under 7. 

sure, let's blame TDK.

The Shawshank Redemption has 711k 10s

TDK has 572k 10s

I don't know why TDK wouldn't deserve its 10s like every other movie

Edited by Goffe

These are some really good Tuesday increases. Dragons legs are finally kicking in.

And Maleficent still holding strong. That Tues-Tues drop is still the best in the top 10.

• Like 4

Great numbers. I would suspect that the family films will come down a bit harder tomorrow to correct their more abnormal increases today.And speaking of other predictors - where's Ando been??

He may pop up Friday when sex tape is released.

Oh that's right I forgot. He's probably given up on humanity since Dragon didn't beat JS that one weekend. :lol:

• Like 2

sure, let's blame TDK.

The Shawshank Redemption has 711k 10s

TDK has 572k 10s

I don't know why TDK wouldn't deserve its 10s like every other movie

Not blaming it - just that fan boys movies - as well as newer movies - have sooo many more votes and are for the most part higher rated than other films.  That has to skew the overall avg.

or maybe SM3 should have been higher  ;)

IMDB should represent GA to some extent, there's little to no correlation between IMDB and RT score.  

The IMDB skews heavily male and under 40 - it's hardly representative of the General audience.

Edited by TalismanRing

Not blaming it - just that fan boys movies - as well as newer movies - have sooo many more votes and are for the most part higher rated than other films.  That has to skew the overall avg.

The IMDB skews heavily male and under 40 - it's hardly representative of the General audience.

I said "to some extent". A movie having 1.2m votes in the fucking internet is pretty much the closest you can get to know GA reception.