Dementeleus

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

I chalk that up to X-Men fanatics on IMDB.  How else does one explain a 6.8 for Last Stand? :P

anything under 7.0 is not good, IMDB scores works like this

less than 5.5: awful

5.5-6.0: really bad

6.0-6.5: bad

6.0-7.0: average

one could say that X3 isn't a bad movie, just a disappointing one, and the critics would agree with him.

one could say that X3 isn't a bad movie, just a disappointing one, and the critics would agree with him.

The official average for movies on IMDb is 7.2

• Like 1

Wow..Jump street is almost  $175m now.

it should get to 190

200 is out of the question with Sex Tape and then Lets Be Cops a few weeks later.

By the way folks, don't underestimate Lets Be Cops. It won't hit 100M or anything, but I see an opening weekend in the 20-25 range.

it should get to 190

200 is out of the question with Sex Tape and then Lets Be Cops a few weeks later.

By the way folks, don't underestimate Lets Be Cops. It won't hit 100M or anything, but I see an opening weekend in the 20-25 range.

Lets be Cops will probably have an opening similar to WATM. It is opening on Wednesday to try and get good word of mouth.

it should get to 190

Just short of $200m. 22 jump street - $200m sounds good but unfortunately it can't   :mellow: But it did great numbers as far as now.

And yet Spider-Man 3 was better reviewed (RT: 63% vs 58%) and it sits at 6.2 on IMDB . For all its faults I consider it a far better movie than X-Men Last Stand which I think should be kicking around in the 5s.

Edited by TalismanRing

Really? I would have guessed way below that.

Seems very high to me as well. Maybe the avg is inflated from all the 10s for TDK.  Seriously the big fan boy movies avg so many more votes than other movies and the scores tend to be inflated so that might explain why the avg seems so high over the IMDB even though most films are probably under 7. 

Really? I would have guessed way below that.

good to know, 6-7 is under the average then

I just re-looked up the average, its changed. I was slightly off its now a 7.0

It can be found here, go to the very bottom of the page and its listed as the value "C = the mean vote across the whole report"

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Edited by eXtacy