CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

I think the real downfall for Sex Tape, more than the terrible reviews (which usually don't impact comedies), were the awful ads. They gave off an aura of a crappy sitcom that's bound to get cancelled after three episodes due to no one watching.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

but also it has so many negatives ratings...

It did, but people on this site were pointing that out, presumably though the main reason it got so many trailers views compared to other comedies this year was because of its title (people look for sex tapes, they see the trailer first).

Personally I thought it looked awful, so I'm fine with it doing poorly.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

It did, but people on this site were pointing that out, presumably though the main reason it got so many trailers views compared to other comedies this year was because of its title (people look for sex tapes, they see the trailer).

Personally I thought it looked awful, so I'm fine with it doing poorly.

same here, but sex tape looks "better" than tammy...

• Like 1

same here, but sex tape looks "better" than tammy...

They both looked pretty bad. Tammy had a much better concept though (not saying much I know). Sex Tape's plot sounded idiotic.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

This is such a strange and uneventful summer, between the lack of any true "major event" titles and the odd scheduling of the movies they had. Looking at this weekend's trio of releases, can studios really blame people for opting to spend their summer elsewhere but the movie theater? I don't think so.