CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

By the way, it's been a rough summer for family films outside of Maleficent. Dragon 2 and Planes 2 are gonna finish much lower than the originals, and Earth to Echo was a total non-event. Kids and their parents are just finding other things to do this summer.

• Like 1

Apes same 9.5-10.5,Pu2 11.5-13.5,ST 5-6.5,Pla2 5.5-6

Good number for Apes, The Purge 2 will likely decrease opening weekend from its predecessor but still be profitable, so-so numbers for Planes but the film will no doubt a be big hit on DVD / Blu-Ray (the films should have been released on DVD / Blu-Ray instead of in the theaters anyway), poor numbers for Sex Tape, but expected given how poorly received it seemed to be from the trailers.

• Like 1

At movies seeing Sex Tape...opening night...legit only person in theatre (besides my date)

Posted Image

Well, at least you and your date will have some errr alone time. :nudgewink:

• Like 1

At movies seeing Sex Tape...opening night...legit only person in theatre (besides my date)

Posted Image

Well at least there was no one there aside from his date to tell him to shut him up when he started making fun of the movie.

Edited by Pokearcher

By the way, it's been a rough summer for family films outside of Maleficent. Dragon 2 and Planes 2 are gonna finish much lower than the originals, and Earth to Echo was a total non-event. Kids and their parents are just finding other things to do this summer.

With the ammount of kids and Families I see at Superhero movie, I have no idea why they're not considered family films.

With the ammount of kids and Families I see at Superhero movie, I have no idea why they're not considered family films.

They are. It's just that people (especially DC fans) tend to confuse family films with kids films.