CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

WOM part is just flat wrong. You don't hit 3.5+ multiplier with average WOM especially in this summer. It's WOM is far closer to being great than say average.  ;)  :P  :D

Or family audiences find the other choices lacking.

• Like 2

Purge 2 may stay flat from non-midnights or a small decrease. Looks good for it. The increase for Planes is shockingly low to non-existent.

Summer kids movies tend to stay flat from Friday to Saturday, so its no surprise. The first Planes only had a small increase on Saturday.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it yet but I was talking to my mother just a little while ago and she told me that her and my stepfather saw it last weekend. They thought it was excellent. She thinks it's one of the best movies she's seen in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

noNo he isn'tAlfonso Curran might be after gravity.

Scorsese isn't well known?? What?First batman isn't a draw, then Leo isn't a draw, and now Scorsese isn't well known?Scorsese is one of the most esteemed directors still working in the business.Also Leo is a huge draw, there is no way Wolf of Wall Street would have been a huge success without him, same with Gatsby.
  • Like 5

Scorsese isn't well known?? What?First batman isn't a draw, then Leo isn't a draw, and now Scorsese isn't well known?Scorsese is one of the most esteemed directors still working in the business.Also Leo is a huge draw, there is no way Wolf of Wall Street would have been a huge success without him, same with Gatsby.

I never said Leo wasn't a draw. I said people are over estimating how big of a draw Batman is.Sorry my generation isn't familiar with Martin.
  • Like 1

I never said Leo wasn't a draw. I said people are over estimating how big of a draw Batman is.Sorry my generation isn't familiar with Martin.

I will admit Scorsese isn't as well known with the younger crowd, but the younger crowd doesn't really pay attention to directors anyways.I'd argue the only director working today with a bigger following than Scorsese is Spielberg (I guess Nolan as well but he's a newbie)
  • Like 2

I'm actually happy this thread has no derailments. I come home after 4 and a half hours and I only have to read through 4 pages. AMAZING!

Without Derailments, where am I supposed to get all my likes?
  • Like 6