Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Box Office: 'Lucy' Rakes In $2.5 Million, 'Hercules' Nabs $2.1 Million Thursday Night http://j.mp/1mN64nm 

2nd UPDATE, Friday, 9:46AM: The actual number for Lucy just came in: $2.746M.

Lucy 14.8-16.5,Herc 9.5-11,Apes 4.3-5,PA4-4.8,pla2 2-3

SATURDAY

RTH: very rough

Lucy 14.5-16,Herc 10-11, Apes 6-7

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Hercules will probably beat it for the weekend if the previews are that close since I definitely think Lucy would be more of a midnight movie.

I'm not entirely sure, Hercules will skew younger which means more frontloaded typically. Lucy will win the weekend, Hercules might not bomb as hard as I thought.

Hercules is obviously the type of movie that pulls in the walk-up/GA crowd. Sorta like the F&F movies or TF movies.

Exactly. Lucy seems more like a fanboy affair to me and should be more frontloaded. On the flipside I can't imagine anyone feeling the need to rush out and see Hercules on Thursday night. So that number is very impressive for it.

Hercules will probably beat it for the weekend if the previews are that close since I definitely think Lucy would be more of a midnight movie.

Why?  I would think Herc would be more of one.

• Like 1

Exactly. Lucy seems more like a fanboy affair to me and should be more frontloaded. On the flipside I can't imagine anyone feeling the need to rush out and see Hercules on Thursday night. So that number is very impressive for it.

I'm not sure if Lucy is a huge fanboy film if a lot of fanboy communities were too busy mocking the whole 10% thing...It's more likely that bad WOM spreads among general audiences.