Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Get dat money ScarJo! Lady-in-Waiting to Dame Jolie's action throne.

Posted Image

Ew, no. ScarJo never looks convincing holding a gun, let alone kicking ass. Angie, as skinny as she is, totally committs to her action scenes, and acts the heck out of them. Look at the intensity in Jolie's eyes when she is fighting or jumping or shooting in her action films. Now look at Scarjo and her pathetic attempts at playing dress up and pretending that she can actually hurt you. Nah. Scarjo is definitely not Angie's heir apparent as the next big action heroine.
  • Like 1

Hercules is basically the test of The Rock's drawing power. It is literally being sold just on his name.

As far as I'm concerned the Rock has become the closest we have to a modern Arnold/Sly at the box office. Sure he's not the draw those two were in their prime, but he is pretty much the biggest action star draw of this gen. If he'd do more straight up action films like this and FF I doubt he'd ever miss much at the BO

Ew, no. ScarJo never looks convincing holding a gun, let alone kicking ass. Angie, as skinny as she is, totally committs to her action scenes, and acts the heck out of them. Look at the intensity in Jolie's eyes when she is fighting or jumping or shooting in her action films. Now look at Scarjo and her pathetic attempts at playing dress up and pretending that she can actually hurt you. Nah. Scarjo is definitely not Angie's heir apparent as the next big action heroine.

I like her as Black Widow. Excited to see what she does in Lucy. Sorry cocho :)

• Like 3

As far as I'm concerned the Rock has become the closest we have to a modern Arnold/Sly at the box office. Sure he's not the draw those two were in their prime, but he is pretty much the biggest action star draw of this gen. If he'd do more straight up action films like this and FF I doubt he'd ever miss much at the BO

He's not even close to an action star.  

The Rock is The Fixer.  When you want to add a name to your sequel to try and help it out a little, add in some Rock. On his own...not so much.  I should mention that I love The Rock.

The Rock is to wrestling what Vanessa Williams is to beauty pageants: performers that developed actual (and legitimately successful) careers in showbiz after toiling in areas of entertainment that nobody in Hollywood takes seriously.
  • Like 1

He's not even close to an action star.  

Lol, then I guess no one today is. Aside from his few family movies, nearly every other movie he's done is some kind of action film. I mean c'mon Arnold himself passed the torch to the guy.

Edited by MovieMan89

The Rock run has been impressive. Do all his movies do huge numbers no. But he does different genres of movies and they mostly make money.

Look at someone like Sly'. His  box office run isn't very impressive when you take out the Rocky franchise. Take out Rambo as well and it really starts looking anemic from a BO perspective. The Rock has consistently been in box office hits, and has carried many of them on his own. All he's missing to be the definitive action star of his gen is a big original action franchise that he becomes synonymous with like Terminator or Rambo.

Edited by MovieMan89