Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Why is DUFE losing so many theaters? It's basically disappeared after 3 weeks.

It dropped 68.4% for the week ending Thursday. It's theater cut is drastic but is line with the film's performance. This sort of behaviour is typical of horror film.

• Like 2

Because it's #s have been horrible and more than any other film currently in wide release theaters can't wait to replace it with anything else.  And unlike with LEGO they don't sell a ton of concessions with it.

Oh... I thought studios had deals with the theaters on how long they had to keep the film showing etc. guess not.

Oh... I thought studios had deals with the theaters on how long they had to keep the film showing etc. guess not.

AFAIK, the first two weeks are the only thing guaranteed. Films are almost never cut on their second weekend but after that anything goes.

• Like 1

So, Lucy...32-35m.  And Hercules...26-32. Could be close, but probably won't be, unless Lucy's WOM is ridiculously toxic.

EDIT: Of course, these numbers are not from the Norse God of Thunder so, my projections are extremely tentative.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

AFAIK, the first two weeks are the only thing guaranteed. Films are almost never cut on their second weekend but after that anything goes.

I think Rth explained it in a post once. Should try to find that post.

So, Lucy...32-35m.  And Hercules...26-32. Could be close, but probably won't be, unless Lucy's WOM is ridiculously toxic.

EDIT: Of course, these numbers are not from the Norse God of Thunder so, my projections are extremely tentative.

Rth posted his Friday Numbers. Time to update the topic title? ;)

Atm going with

Lucy 13-15,Herc 9-11.5,Apes 4-5,PA 3-4,Pla2 2-3

• Like 1

Metacritic for Lucy (61) is much better than Hércules (49).If the word of mouth was not good it'll not do 13-15 million friday. Social network (Facebook - twitter -what's up) is very quick.

Edited by Ajbg

Metacritic for Lucy (61) is much better than Hércules (49).If the word of mouth was not good it'll not do 13-15 million friday. Social network (Facebook - twitter -what's up) is very quick.

It doesn't spread that fast. Godzilla for instance did very good throughout the whole weekend.
  • Like 1

4TH UPDATE, 12:50 PM, 1:10 PM, 4:31 PM: The Scarlett Johansson sci-fi actioner is strong in matinees today and is expected to pull in over $30M (probably mid to high, something like $32M-$36M) and Hercules right under $30M (maybe $27M-$30M) as it looks now. More numbers will come as the day progresses but expecting Lucy to nab $14M-$15M tonight (includes the late-night number of $2.746M) and Herculestaking in around $10M-$12M tonight (includes the $2.1M late-night numbers). Like Lucy‘s, its reviews are also mixed.