John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH)

Still, Guardians has less of an overall built in fanbase than Cap and Cap also has the sequel effect. I know being part of the Marvel Universe in general is a boost but the fact that this is even a possibility is incredible.

I somehow think GOTG has the most chance to bring in most of the MCU fanbase as opposed to films with the individual heroes. Especially since it's like a mini Avengers. Fans of Cap will watch it, fans of Thor will watch it, fans of Avengers will watch it. The fact that not many know who they are may actually work in their favor here.
  • Like 1

After seeing Herc, I don't doubt it falls hard.  Unfortunately for the Rock, it was pretty lackluster and forgettable.

It would be Brett Ratner's first 60+ drop that wasn't an X-Men sequel.

It would be Brett Ratner's first 60+ drop that wasn't an X-Men sequel.

Well, lets tack on the old there's a first for everything.  With Guardians taking a big chunk, I think it could definitely happen.  Not that it's all that telling but at a 445 showing in a somewhat popular theatre I was the only 1 besides 2 others in a pretty large theatre. 

I wonder when Fox will decide to expand it :(

I think it may be too late to get it past X3. It will make 200-250k this weekend and will need like 2.7m more. Considering its near 750m WW total, I just don't think Fox cares that much to get DOFP the domestic X-Men title.

I think it may be too late to get it past X3. It will make 200-250k this weekend and will need like 2.7m more. Considering its near 750m WW total, I just don't think Fox cares that much to get DOFP the domestic X-Men title.

:( I guess the WW total is good enough
  • Like 1

I could be wrong, but since Guardians is getting so many previews, couldn't that boost the rush factor and make it more frontloaded than usual?

Possibly.

However, it ain't a sequel, and I'm pretty sure it's much more family oriented than Cap 2 or Thor 2.

I'm guessing walk ups will be huge.

• Like 2