Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Truth. :) I'm looking forward to next month or so when the new round of "OMG, greatest movie ever!" appears. (Hint: it might be November)

Who's saying "greatest movie ever" besides the fanboys? Sounds like most people are just flat out liking it, simple as that.  Those who think it's overrated can be just as much of a "group think" scenario as the group that loves it...

If you're going to taunt baumer, don't. The group-think in these threads is hilarious.

Yeah, people are allowed to have any opinion they want on a film and shouldn't have to deal with people mocking them for it. 

• Like 2

Truth. :) I'm looking forward to next month or so when the new round of "OMG, greatest movie ever!" appears. (Hint: it might be November)

Will you even be alive by then? I don't think Ed will let you live till November as long as that club is there.
  • Like 3

No, not really.  Everyone resorts to using Twilight and Transformers against me when I feel the opposite of the way they do.  The funny thing is, you guys use these films like they are some kind of affront to me.  I'm proud of my passion for those films.  

It's like in The Siege when one of Bruce Willis' commando's tells Denzel to step aside before he starts treating him like an Ethiopian and Denzel tells him that he's so stupid that he actually thinks that's an insult.  

Ah, we're(well I can really only speak for FTF and I anyway) just messin' with an old pal who we know has just as right to his opinion as we do to ours. I get grief over Spidey, you get grief over TF...and so on and so forth. ;)

• Like 1

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love.  I don't understand what was so great about GOTG.  It just seemed so generic and like many other films.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true.  If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

• Like 1

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love.  I don't understand what was so great about GOTG.  It just seemed so generic and like many other films.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true.  If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

So... in other words, it's a Marvel movie? :)

• Like 3

Who's saying "greatest movie ever" besides the fanboys? Sounds like most people are just flat out liking it, simple as that.  Those who think it's overrated can be just as much of a "group think" scenario as the group that loves it...

I was only putting it like third best between Inception and Citizen Kane. Jeez.

• Like 3

Wait, what? That's like saying Finding Nemo was a rip off of The Godfather.

Not really.  The entire battle with the Bride and all of Lucy Liu's warriors was 100% rip off of MR.

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love. I don't understand what was so great about GOTG. It just seemed so generic and like many other films. Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true. If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

Okay baumer I don't want to argue your opinion because it's your opinionThat said, Guardians is the first not Star Trek/Wars space opera in awhile...Also it was notably not Marvely

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love. I don't understand what was so great about GOTG. It just seemed so generic and like many other films. Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true. If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

It was a good action movie with humor and that pulls in the general audience. I think the movie is a breath of fresh air compared to what Marvel has put out recently.

This will make over $700 million WW. Who would've thought the two biggest movies of the summer will be Maleficent and GOTG.

There's that other small movie that made 1.1 billion.