Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

What wrong with the female audience? Aren't they interested in any movies that don't look pretty or cute? Can't they enjoy movies without romantic sup-plot or over-sentimental message?

No, women are now wanting female characters that are not just love interests or sex objects, but if they are going to be sex objects, then you better put a man in there as a sex object too! GOTG has a kick ass woman, and a half naked Chris Pratt shot in there. I doubt TMNT is going to have neither (they could have had the latter if they put Casey Jones in there instead of fucking Vernon!)

No but I think it helps if there's one female they can relate to and Michael Bay movies don't have those kind of females - they're just walking T&A for the male lead and audience.  It might have helped bring in more of a female audience if Megan Fox wasn't playing April.

I've never had that problem. I never felt like I needed any characters I could relate to in order to enjoy a movie. I got sucked into the world that the movies had created and I witnessed the story through my own eyes. Maybe that's why I have such a different taste compare to other females in general.

Wasn't TF4's opening weekend an increase? What opened last year on that weekend?

Nope decrease. Here are the weekends that increased this Summer from last:

Godzilla

Maleficent(only overall, slight decrease top 12)

TFOS

That's it.

• Like 2

I did too.If the movie was good, it could have done much more. People were clearly anticipating for it but were disappointed.

Yeah IF the movie was good.  Which clearly it wasn't.  Your sig was my reaction during the movie. :lol:

• Like 1

I think there's still a big fan base waiting for it.  The RT/Flixster want to see  # is solid at 67 thou and the trailer has a lot of hits.  I could see a $50m+ opening though being so close to each other might hurt both GOTG and TMNT with the younger audience.

Well I meant positive reaction from those who have seen it.

• Like 1

They're being discriminated against because they're not human. :lol:  And Evans, Hemsworth > Pratt.

Bruce will be hooking up with Natasha.

On the looks side, oh yeah, I definitely agree. But Pratt has that smart ass humor that people also love about Tony Stark.

Poor Captain America. He's going to have to knock some heads for sure when we get Tony, Rocket, Gamora, Black Widow and Quill in the same movie.

I've never had that problem. I never felt like I needed any characters I could relate to in order to enjoy a movie. I got sucked into the world that the movies had created and I witnessed the story through my own eyes. Maybe that's why I have such a different taste compare to other females in general.

I don't need a female in or perspective  to any movie or book but many women understandably do. But when the only women that in it are reduced to just insulting T&A fodder I find it annoying, offensive and off putting as f***.  It's like have minorities in there just to shuck and jive and shine shoes. 

I don't need to relate to anyone either. I just get sick of some random shot of a chick undressing herself down to her underwear. Star Trek 2 last year was particularly eye rolling with that shit.

• Like 2

lol. Only +30m more than what I had initially predicted. :P I'll never doubt Marvel at the BO again.

10 mill more OW than I predicted it would do in it's whole run. 

I am a box office GOD.

• Like 6