Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

But it's okay to trot it out when Guardians smashes August. Yep. I see. :lol:

Enough time has healed from that wound to start bringing it up again :P

My love for Rush Hour 2 is completely irrational, but I'm Asian, and it was a cataclysmic event in cinema for me. I'm still raging that there's no Rush Hour 2 Blu-Ray.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

My love for Rush Hour 2 is completely irrational, but I'm Asian, and it was a cataclysmic event in cinema for me. I'm still raging that there's no Rush Hour 2 Blu-Ray.

The first Rush Hour is great...the quality drops from there and the third one was an abomination...

• Like 3

I love the Rush Hour movies as well. I remember buying 3 on Blu-ray (blind buy) when I first got my ps3. I was like wtf? Hot mess.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Why wouldn't you?  It's got the same scale as Marvel movies.

Actually, Guardians unlike other movies actually was made to be displayed in the near full aspect ratio of IMAX. Turtles wasn't.

I wouldn't have seen Guardians in IMAX if it was just a traditional upscale

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably because the 3D was actually really great. Best 3D I've seen since Gravity

In IMAX, they do cool cheesy stuff with stuff flying out of the black bars too :lol:

How should Boyhood do next weekend?

I'm expecting around $4 million, because the expansion isn't terribly aggressive next weekend (they're expanding it to about 500 theaters).

I do think IFC Films really does need to market it better. It could be a huge success, but right now the expansion isn't aggressive enough. I think they should really just throw everything they got next weekend, along with a sizable marketing effort, and they could have a late August indie hit.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

Thor's problem is, for starters, they need to get rid of the Jane character. She has got to be the worst love interest in the CBM world right now. She's blah. Then, they need to start focusing more on his three buddies, because they have a pretty big following too. I say next Thor movie, do what Guardians or the Avengers did, give equal shine time and focus time to all four of the Asgardians. Forget about Jane and her college colleagues.

Lack of Warriors 3 was definitely the worst part about TDW.  Oh, and great opening for GOTG. 

• Like 2

Discussion with you seems a waste of time, so... nope.

So in other words you realize you are wrong.

It doesn't matter that Hemsworth's character has a big role in the movie... he is there with his shirt off just to give females eye candy.  It has nothing to do with the story. To claim otherwise is hypocritical. 

• Like 2

DOM multipliers

Signs - 356.5M
Rush Hour 2 - 315.4M
The Bourne Ultimatum - 308.6M
Iron Man - 303.5M
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 303.2M
American Pie 2 - 302.3M
XXX - 300.1M
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 296.2M
The Avengers - 282.5M
Rush Hour 3 - 268.3M