Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I saw the first one in theaters like 3 times and loved it. I had just become a Jackie Chan fan and I was watching anything I could get my hands on and this one was there, so I enjoyed it. Then the second one came out and I saw it on opening night and never again. Didn't even bother with the third.They just don't have enough of his action for me and Tucker got real old real fast.

I saw all 3 in theaters, but only like the first 2. I think they are really fun, but I do agree that Tucker can get old fast. Oh, and I think Chan and Wilson had better chemistry in the Shanghai movies than Chan and Tucker did in the RH movies. Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

I love the Shanghai movies too.

Uno mas?

Oh man, that outtake in the tub is still one of my all time favorites.

Noon is a better "movie" than Knights, but Knights has the best fights of his I've seen in a long time.  They are all awesome and totally him.

• Like 2

You say this like other films have not taken place in foreign lands.  You think this is the first time a film has an international location?  Watch one of the trailers for Raiders of the Lost Ark.  It proudly told the audience that it was filmed in and took place in locations like Macau and Egypt.

I think you missed my point entirely. It has absolutely nothing to do with them taking place in China and I never said that was specifically why they would like it. Personally I think China has some very beautiful locations and I enjoy seeing it on the screen. 

I saw all 3 in theaters, but only like the first 2. I think they are really fun, but I do agree that Tucker can get old fast.Oh, and I think Chan and Wilson had better chemistry in the Shanghai movies that Chan and Tucker did in the RH movies.

I still wish they had done a third film and called it Shanghai Don.  Have them go up against gangsters in the 20-30's!

If anyone has ever seen his film Miracles, that's what I always imagined it would be like.

• Like 1

Oh man, that outtake in the tub is still one of my all time favorites.

Noon is a better "movie" than Knights, but Knights has the best fights of his I've seen in a long time.  They are all awesome and totally him.

Dat fight between Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I still wish they had done a third film and called it Shanghai Don.  Have them go up against gangsters in the 20-30's! If anyone has ever seen his film Miracles, that's what I always imagined it would be like.

That would have been great. Still would enjoy it if they made it now.
  • Like 1

I've still got a boner over the fact guardians of the galaxy opened bigger than spider-man. it won't go down. I should see a doctor.

Coolio, this is your doctor. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you don't have a dick anymore. It's been replaced by a tiny Groot.

• Like 15

That would have been great. Still would enjoy it if they made it now.

I know!

My best idea was one that if it came out around 2004-2005 it could have been HUGE!

A body-switching action/comedy starring Jim Carrey and Jackie Chan.  Can you imagine that done well?

Man, that Guardians number!

:ph34r:

Edited by Boner Omega
  • Like 2

So in other words you realize you are wrong.

Not at all. But I've observed KATCH 22 enough on the forum to realize that any discussion with him isn't going to be productive.

If he wants to go educate himself, Google can help.