Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Scarlett is not getting $20m for Avengers 2.

As I don't trust the source, I added the source and question marks then.

I edited in an additional now hint too.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

There goes my dream of otherworldly legs. I knew it was a long shot, but with the way things have been going this year, I was hoping there would be a sign of this having something, anything special. It's an opening way beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier for it and everyone involved. I'm just not going to expect much in the leg department.

• Like 1

There goes my dream of otherworldly legs. I knew it was a long shot, but with the way things have been going this year, I was hoping there would be a sign of this having something, anything special. It's an opening way beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier for it and everyone involved. I'm just not going to expect much in the leg department.

Wait, what? Did I miss something?
  • Like 1

Wait, what?Did I miss something?

I was just hoping that Sunday would surprise us with a great hold which would signify really great legs.  We've seen many things come out to seemingly great WOM only to have no legs.

I know it wasn't very likely, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about it's legs.  I am probably overreacting, but the way things have gone this year, I'm wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

I was just hoping that Sunday would surprise us with a great hold which would signify really great legs.  We've seen many things come out to seemingly great WOM only to have no legs.

I know it wasn't very likely, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about it's legs.  I am probably overreacting, but the way things have gone this year, I'm wouldn't be surprised.

It has been a trend this summer. HTTYD2, X-men, Apes. None of them had horrible legs, but they weren't very good relative to what we perceive to be the WOM of those movies. 

X-men wasn't so surprising due to the franchise's history, but the other two kind of elicit a "alright, what's going on here?" 

Edited by tonytr87

I'm still not buying Saturday was only $31M. I don't see RTH being that far off. That's over a $1M below his low end. I see the Saturday number going up, Friday estimate staying true and Sunday around $25M+ for a weekend of just over/under $95M.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

Wait... So Sunday... $23M? Or $25M?

Either way, I still think it balances out with a higher Saturday than estimated and comes in just about Godzilla and below Caps 2.

$23M according to Spatula. He also confirmed that Saturday was "only" $31M (still a huge number).

• Like 1

I guess you missed Emma Frost, Moira, Angel and the whole strip club scene. Like I said, all the women in this movie stripped down near to their skivvies. This is the last I'm going to say on this here, because it's derailing the thread.

Jesus you lot find those most pointless/harmless scenes to moan about, there's absolutely nothing wrong with First Class, end off. Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

I'm still not buying Saturday was only $31M. I don't see RTH being that far off. That's over a $1M below his low end. I see the Saturday number going up, Friday estimate staying true and Sunday around $25M+ for a weekend of just over/under $95M.

It's not that far off when one is making early projections in the 30 million range. I think he was a bit high on Friday as well.  Maybe late night shows on the west coast ran a bit lower than earlier numbers indicated.

Either way it's a fantastic # and about $20m beyond what most sited and Disney thought it would make this w/e.

Holiday in Canada today, right? Gonna boost the Monday take I hope...

If you go by last years numbers then todays drops will be in the 45-55% range.

• Like 1

$23M according to Spatula. He also confirmed that Saturday was "only" $31M (still a huge number).

I take that back.  Guardians came in at 25.5.  Looks like Disney's estimated 18% drop was accurate after all.  

• Like 21