Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

It's easily the worst Phase II movie and surely gonna stay that way, the Iron Man 2 of this phase. They need to up their game for Thor 3.

Thor is my favorite concept of MCU. I love Norse mythology but the Thor movies have not been that good. 

It's going to open in the mid 90s at worst

And if it over performs with its evening showings similar to Apes then it could land 45-50m OD, plus I think it'll at least stay flat Saturday due to family appeal.

That number for Guardians of the Galaxy is as astonishing as that number for Get on Up is disappointing (really thought that would do around $7M at the minimum).

Wondering how much of that film's milkshake Guardians is drinking.

I don't understand how this could open higher than Cap

People liked the marketing. The movie looked colorful and fun and unique. Great reviews. Dead summer. etc

• Like 8

I don't understand how this could open higher than Cap

None of this makes sense. Tracking was way off.How this will beat all Marvel individual hero movies(besides IM2-3) is kinda ridiculous.
  • Like 4

Wondering how much of that film's milkshake Guardians is drinking.

I really thought Guardians wouldn't impact it since the audience for it is primarily over the age of 40, but I guess not. If next week wasn't so packed it likely would've opened then (since The Hundred-Foot Journey doesn't look to make much of an dent at all).