Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Apes kinda got killed by the Lucy/Hercules combo and now Guardians. 

The thing is, that right there tells you how bad the market is. In a normal summer Apes, Lucy, and Hercules would be able to co-exist and do well on a single weekend. 

• Like 3

The thing is, that right there tells you how bad the market is. In a normal summer Apes, Lucy, and Hercules would be able to co-exist and do well on a single weekend. 

Lol no. 

• Like 2

That's quite an opening for an august release but lets be clear on something

Every july always had at least one MAJOR movie opening and Apes kinda doesn't really count so there was a demand for one last big movie of the summer which Guardians fulfilled

looking forward to seeing it as I really have no idea what its about haven't seen any trailer for it nor spots ... I only saw the poster which makes it out to be an animated movie but still reviews pushed me to see it

Also, damn ... could Hercules be looking at a 70% slide ... 2-3 for today ... say it's 2.5 ... what that would be about 9 mil, coming off what just under 30 million opening.

The movie kinda sucks. I am not surprised. 

Both Lucy and Hercules together are not movies that should have been able to kill Apes. Apes just isn't doing great numbers.

Combined they did almost 75M. That is a lot. And both appeal to the same audience as Apes. 

Combined they did almost 75M. That is a lot. And both appeal to the same audience as Apes. 

I understand what they made. However, they aren't movies that should have been able to put up numbers like that against Apes. I saw Lucy and it's not a good movie IMO. I can't imagine Hercules is much better. Apes should be able to beat movies like that.