cheesypoofs

Will GotG post credit scene have any impact on MCU?

Will Howard the Duck start making appearances in other films? I think it's awesome that Seth Green voiced him. It's funny that my cousins and I talk about the old Howard the Duck movie all the time. Never thought he'd actually appear in the MCU haha

Edited by Cheesy Poofs

Donald Duck

Just as people (like me) thought Thanos was Hellboy.  Folks probably confused Howard with Donald Duck.  Both fit with the goofy nature of the movie.  

Wait, Donald Duck is a Disney character.  Might we see him join the Avengers???

Might want to put spoiler in the thread title and at the start of the thread as a suggestion ;)

The entire audience was going "What the heck??" "Is that Howard???"

(On another note-I wanted the Collector to die, I think I didn't like him due to how he treated women)

Might want to put spoiler in the thread title and at the start of the thread as a suggestion ;)

The title of the thread flat out says it's about the post credit scene. That's as much warning as anyone should need.

(On another note-I wanted the Collector to die, I think I didn't like him due to how he treated women)

I wouldn't say the Collector mistreats women. He's pretty much like that will all life-forms that aren't him.

• Like 3

Donald Duck

Just as people (like me) thought Thanos was Hellboy.  Folks probably confused Howard with Donald Duck.  Both fit with the goofy nature of the movie.  

Wait, Donald Duck is a Disney character.  Might we see him join the Avengers???

I actually thought he was Duffy Duck at the beginning but then my cousin told me that can't be right. Upon further investigation I found the creepy picture of him in that whatever year it was movie. Damn, did he look scary there.

To be honest, I wasn't too much of a fan of how he looked in GotG either. I sense it's a bad addition

Edited by ChD

Howard's actually not a bad character, but he's one of those characters that has a damaged reputation because of a shitty movie.

And Marvel can fix that with tiny little cameos that everyone can enjoy.

That's the great thing about the MCU. They have so many characters available to them that they don't have to use them all, and if they want to rehabilitate some, they can use little things like this to build public acceptance.

Similar to how they gave Dr Strange a little throwaway mention in CATWS, or mentioned Man-Thing in Agents Of Shield.

And Marvel can fix that with tiny little cameos that everyone can enjoy.

That's the great thing about the MCU. They have so many characters available to them that they don't have to use them all, and if they want to rehabilitate some, they can use little things like this to build public acceptance.

Similar to how they gave Dr Strange a little throwaway mention in CATWS, or mentioned Man-Thing in Agents Of Shield.

Dr. Strange will time travel to 1986 and stop Howard the Duck for being made. 

• Like 2