filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Well Nikki is always snarky. And nostalgia does have a lot to do with it's success. That's definitely a factor. I'll always have a soft spot for them. :wub:

Those 5 year olds - nostalgic for those halcyon 2 year old days when there was no Kindergarten and life was free and easy and temper tantrums were far more allowed. sniff

Edited by TalismanRing

Before TF4, I had never actually heard of studios fudging the Actuals (must have been living under a rock) have there been any other recent cases of this?

Posted this two years ago and last month...according to Mario Kassar, on Facebook, he says fudging goes on way more than we know and it's just accepted.  

Posted this two years ago and last month...according to Mario Kassar, on Facebook, he says fudging goes on way more than we know and it's just accepted.  

I think more people reacted strongly to the Transformers 4 fudging because while all other sources claimed it was a $98 million OW, Paramount's lone $100 million number became official.

I think as long as they didn't make an extra $2 million from nothing, it just serves as an annoyance.

I think more people reacted strongly to the Transformers 4 fudging because while all other sources claimed it was a $98 million OW, Paramount's lone $100 million number became official.

I think as long as they didn't make an extra $2 million from nothing, it just serves as an annoyance.

They didn't make it from nothing, they took money from its weekday actuals.

Goodness, I like Guardians. But why does people have to be so butthurt and bitter if TMNT perform well? This summer BO needs the most help it can get, so I hope TMNT will do well. And the movie looks like harmless nostalgia fun, why the hate?

• Like 10

Goodness, I like Guardians. But why does people have to be so butthurt and bitter if TMNT perform well?This summer BO needs the most help it can get, so I hope TMNT will do well. And the movie looks like harmless nostalgia fun, why the hate?

As soon as it was announced Bay was producing, Turtles became the pariah of the summer of 2014.

• Like 2

Goodness, I like Guardians. But why does people have to be so butthurt and bitter if TMNT perform well?This summer BO needs the most help it can get, so I hope TMNT will do well. And the movie looks like harmless nostalgia fun, why the hate?

This. 1000x this

That's exactly how i feel and have been saying.  Gosh forbid, people can like both movies, or that both movies do well.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 6

This. 1000x this That's exactly how i feel and have been saying.  Gosh forbid, people can like both movies, or that both movies do well.

I hope it does well, would be nice if August outperform July. 2014 will have one more thing to be remembered about beside the insane amount of 90M+ openers, good quality movies but disappointing/underwhelming BO.
  • Like 1

I'm not bitching about anything. I only stated my opinion that I don't like Bay's films a few pages back, and that's it. We're allowed to have opinions, right?  :rolleyes:

Also, this thread has gotten catty real fast.  :wacko:

Edited by Alpha

I'm not bitching about anything. I only stated my opinion that I don't like Bay's films a few pages back, and that's it. We're allowed to have opinions, right?  :rolleyes:

This thread has gotten catty real fast.  :unsure:

And you are a big part of the catty-ness.  :)