filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Depends on next weeks drop. At this point 280m seems possible.

I think TMNT is Guardians most direct competition and it's on the weekend it should have the steepest drop. So if it does manage that small of a second weekend drop it should play golden through August. (Possibly even win next weekend if the openers underperform)Plus it has Labor Day weekend which will be a if boost.

I think TMNT is Guardians most direct competition and it's on the weekend it should have the steepest drop. So if it does manage that small of a second weekend drop it should play golden through August. (Possibly even win next weekend if the openers underperform)Plus it has Labor Day weekend which will be a if boost.

I guess. I've seen stranger things happen at the box office.

Hoping for 300m, but keeping my expectations in check.

Edited by Pokearcher

I guess. I've seen stranger things happen at the box office.

Plus, let's think back, people have continually doubted all of Disney's biggest hits since the Avengers throughout their runs (even when success was obvious).For example, FrozenFirst people questioned 200m, after it opened people still questioned 250m and thought 300m was out of reach. Then they thought 325ish was the max and it wasn't getting over DM2, etc.

I'd be very happy with 275 m.Not even Cap 2 came close to 300 m and that had pretty good legs.

This opened at less then Cap 2 by 700k.

As of thursday, it's 17m ahead.

260m plus 17m is 277m.

Yeah, it's doing 275m.

• Like 1