filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

So which numbers should we look at, deadline or Nikki's? Nikki's have been constantly 2-3 million higher than deadline's at every point so far.

Her estimate should be quite good at this time of night given that she also has last weekend as a reference for GOTG. 42m would be a safe bet

Reactions?  lol, from who?  Are kids filling out surveys now?

TMNT will drop about 55% next weekend....pretty standard.  

Yep. Pretty standard for a SH film.

I think people tend to think of TMNT as similar to Transformers and GI Joe, adaptions of cartoons or even toys, but even though both of those properties had(and continue to have) long comic book runs, TMNT started as comic book characters...comic book super-heroes even, with all that goes with that. Make no mistakes, TMNT is a comic book superhero franchise just like the Avengers or Batman(just a lot more tongue-in-cheek due to the cartoon's influence).

Posted Image

Yep. Pretty standard for a SH film.

I think people tend to think of TMNT as similar to Transformers and GI Joe, adaptions of cartoons or even toys, but even though both of those properties had(and continue to have) long comic book runs, TMNT started as comic book characters...comic book super-heroes even, with all that goes with that. Make no mistakes, TMNT is a comic book superhero franchise just like the Avengers or Batman(just a lot more tongue-in-cheek due to the cartoon's influence).

Posted Image

First question.  Is that a personal copy?

That Turtles opening is huge, but the box office needs it, so I won't complain. As for Guardians, I said it before and I'll say it again. As long as it stays above 40M I'm happy. The people who predicted a sub 50% drop let their love for the movie blind their discernment.

• Like 3

First question.  Is that a personal copy?

I wish. ;)

EDIT: If I had 15k to invest on a comic it wouldn't be TMNT #1, it would be getting back my copy of Amazing Fantasy 15. B)

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™

OK, I had a feeling that 47 number was a little too good to be true hold for Guardians.  But 40-42 is still fantastic.  Puts it still ahead of Cap and right neck and neck with TF4.   As for "Turtles", What Went Right?  EVERYTHING.  Congrats again goes to Bay for reviving another Classic 80's Cartoon Franchise.  

• Like 3

OK, I had a feeling that 47 number was a little too good to be true hold for Guardians.  But 40-42 is still fantastic.  Puts it still ahead of Cap and right neck and neck with TF4.   As for "Turtles", What Went Right?  EVERYTHING.  Congrats again goes to Bay for reviving another Classic 80's Cartoon Franchise.  

Amen Film Scholar

• Like 1