filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  · 10m James Cameron's DEEPSEA CHALLENGE 3D was only similar to TITANIC in that it sunk all the way to the bottom: $150k in 304 venues--$493 per.

:lol:

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

See thats the reason for the dancing.  Can't stop him right there, got to distract him.  Hes too strong as well and can withstand powerful weapons.

Spoiler, well not really, I saw the movie.  i get why he did it  :P  I was just going along with the conversation ;)

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

One of the things I found to be incredibly stupid in the GOTG (and this is apparently one of the parts that people love is)

getting rid of the villain by distracting him with a dance recital.  It was like I was watching Scooby Doo.  If that wasn't Marvel, it would have been ripped to shreds.  But Marvel can do wrong right now.

I think that was one of the few things I didn't like that much in GOTG. The humor just felt a bit too forced in that scene.

• Like 1

Okay, so everyone is supposed to stop arguing with baumer about GOTG? But then baumer keeps bringing it up? :rolleyes:  I guess mods are above the law.

Thanks for posting this after I just said that I should drop it.  And I didn't start it, I just responded to it.

One of the things I found to be incredibly stupid in the GOTG (and this is apparently one of the parts that people love is)

getting rid of the villain by distracting him with a dance recital.  It was like I was watching Scooby Doo.  If that wasn't Marvel, it would have been ripped to shreds.  But Marvel can do wrong right now.

Yes.

It still appears on page 108 to me....is it because I am a mod?  I have no idea.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/15873-sat-estimates-from-deadline-turtles-213gotg-161-pg-108/page-108

It's on 106 for me too.  Like Sam said, posts were probably moved or hidden to push the pages back

• Like 1

I can take a 55% drop for Guardians. I think the problem with most people (including me) on this board is that we overestimate by a bit too much, and then we get disappointed in the end.

But combined with the amazing weekdays and the great first weekend, it's still very good.  :D

• Like 3

idk, I thought that scene in guardians was pretty funny. that was one of my favourite gags.

A lot of people liked it, I even thought it was ok, but some didn't, that's all

• Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  · 10m James Cameron's DEEPSEA CHALLENGE 3D was only similar to TITANIC in that it sunk all the way to the bottom: $150k in 304 venues--$493 per.  :lol:

Proof Avatar 2 is going to flop. ;)
  • Like 2

I also didn't find anything amusing about GOTG.  I knew from the trailers and the awful music cues that the film wouldn't be for me (but I see everything I can) and that same tone lasted for nearly 120 minutes.  Could not stand Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana is as bland and wooden as ever.  BTW, why are the villains in the Marvel universe so incredibly weak?  There is never the feeling of any real danger or risk.

Won't spoil but there was a scene in this that I hated almost as much as the out-of-place dancing in DH1.

But I was pleasantly surprised by Vin Diesel and Batista.  Not sure if Batista's odd line readings were intentional or not, but they worked. And the film looked great, too.  

One thing is for certain.  The trailers were not misleading in the least.  

Wonder if anything Marvel is golden or if people like this kind of film specifically?

Its the classic Joss-Whedon-ish humour. It only works for me in Buffy. I saw the trailers for GOTG and can tell its not really for me because I am not a big fan of that humour but it does sound like the movie is pretty good. Only thing is someone compared it with Serenity and I really did not enjoy that movie.

• Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  · 10m James Cameron's DEEPSEA CHALLENGE 3D was only similar to TITANIC in that it sunk all the way to the bottom: $150k in 304 venues--$493 per.

:lol:

I'm not sure why people would want to pick on a documentary type of movie like this.

• Like 2