filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Well I'm glad to know 95% of this forum disagrees with you.

My advice to all of you who choose to quote this and respond to it in the future is to read the page before it.  I'm responding to someone, not making a blanket statement out of thin air.  

Some of you are very strange.  You find my posts and then attack them, without thinking of the context first.  

Posted Image

• Like 7

As a whole, this weekend is the most shocking of the year so far.  I thought TNMT would struggle to hit 30 a few months ago and had it pegged between 40-45.  And while after last weekend and the amazing reception the GOTG isn't as surprising, if a few months ago anyone would have said this was going to beat CA2 second weekend they would have been dragged through these forums.  Into the Storm looked like a MASSIVE bomb to me and its going to open north of 17.  I mean, even The Hundred Foot Journey is going to have a respectable opening considering subject matter and theater count.

This year is weird.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

Actually close to 65% so not a bad Friday jump.  ;)

Which is pretty much what I called in the first place.  So I guess that means I was right, and you were wrong.  :)

Pretty much. But still great. A little above average for Superhero flicks this year.

It's holding a bit better than Captain America 2 which is really good. I see it surpassing $270M. It'll have to have MAGNIFICENT drops from now on for it to have a fighting chance at $300M.

My advice to all of you who choose to quote this and respond to it in the future is to read the page before it.  I'm responding to someone, not making a blanket statement out of thin air.  

Some of you are very strange.  You find my posts and then attack them, without thinking of the context first.  

Posted Image

Because you're a marked man now. :lol:

I guess the TMNT fans are, you know, doing the exact same thing they were complaining about earlier?

And what would that be?  Celebrating a success?

Ok. But I'll take my 250M+ prediction vs your sub 80M total.  ;)  :P

Of course you would say that.  But that's not what we commented on, is it.  We were discussing who would be right about the drop this weekend.  Must be hard for you to admit you were wrong.

The fact they put it in over 3,400 theaters makes me think they were expecting more. Why Deadline thinks it'll have a 3 x multiplier is confusing.

I am honestly surprised it didn't pull a Pompeii and bombed with a 10M OW. 

• Like 2