Dementeleus

Weekend numbers, version 2: With RTH Sunday, new projections TMNT 65.5, GOTG 42.2

I really hope it doesn't, but won't Expendables, Giver, and Cops take away a lot of screenings?

Of course not. What the fuck. The movies that will lose screens are Lucy, Get On Up and Hercules. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Why would Turtles, which is making more money for the theaters than all the bottom feeders, lose screens when you can take it from Lucy, Apes, Jersey Boys, Get on Up and so on?

Good point. Not thinking straight today at all. Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Like 2

Pretty perfunctory recap from Guru today.

Compared to projections, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles flew much higher than my $36M forecast while Into The Storm was very close to my $17M prediction.The Hundred-Foot Journey opened ahead of my $8M projection and Step Up All In came in under my $9M prediction.

I wonder who goes to theathers and decides that Step Up is watchable.
  • Like 2

Does anybody think Into the Storm did kinda okay all things considered? I was thinking 15 million, but it had actually a high teens opening in a competitive weekend

WB needs to learn that these kind of cheap movies need to open in late August. It could have done 20M+ over Labor Day weekend, IMO. 

• Like 2

Why would Turtles, which is making more money for the theaters than all the bottom feeders, lose screens when you can take it from Lucy, Apes, Jersey Boys, Get on Up and so on?

People say the most random things on here sometimes.

The movie just opened, lol.

• Like 1

Does anybody think Into the Storm did kinda okay all things considered? I was thinking 15 million, but it had actually a high teens opening in a competitive weekend

I think the opening was pretty good for a mid-August disaster movie.

Especially considering the marketing was very light on plot or characters.

• Like 2

The OS audience.  :lol: The last one made over 100M OS, this one already made almost 40M there.

Holy shit!  You're right.  This thing is a beast internationally.  Seriously.

• Like 1

I'll be seeing ITS before Turtles.  That last shot in the trailer, the planes being sucked into the wind, has me salivating to see it.

• Like 3