Alpha

Early Thurs. Numbers (Rth) TMNT/GOTG 4.2m, LBC 3.1m

Baumer - I will be very surprised if TMNT does 80% - this is the very argument that you were vehemently against last weekend with Guardians. You can't expect the only best case to be the one that it follows when there is no precedent for it. I am using your argument here bro.And you know me - we agree more often than not and have for years, I just think you are allowing your dislike of Guardians to color everything you are talking about TMNT wise.*caviat - TMNT will still win the weekend.

But it's later into August now.  I used TDKR as a barometer for GotG last week and it worked out well.

I'm using Planes or Percy Jackson for TMNT.  So from a 4.2 Thurs you get about a 26-27 mill weekend for Turtles.

What do you mean how? They both play more towards families and Turtles is not getting the bad WOM so many of you say it is. For it to drop north of 60% makes no sense. My prediction is it will drop 55-58%. GOTG will drop about 40-43%. Easy win for Turtles.

How is it not getting mixed WoM with these daily drops? They have been very underwhelming for a family centered movie in the summer.
  • Like 2

Like these are literally the exact same posts/ arguments from every other day this week just reworded slightly.But in all fairness I guess that's what this place is for so I'll stop.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 3

Like these are literally the exact same posts/ arguments from every other day this week just reworded slightly.But in all fairness I guess that's what this place is for so I'll stop.

Do you have any idea how many consecutive days someone said,"Marvel or DC will flinch and move Cap3/BvS, a head to head only hurts both parties".

It was said ad nauseam as if it was being said like a revelation statement no one had ever had or discussed before. 

So, yeah, that's the way of things on the internet. 

• Like 1

Do you have any idea how many consecutive days someone said,"Marvel or DC will flinch and move Cap3/BvS, a head to head only hurts both parties".It was said ad nauseam as if it was being said like a revelation statement no one had ever had or discussed before. So, yeah, that's the way of things on the internet.

I have never seen such posts!!!! Then again, I only read the threads after the move was announced, LOL! I heard there is a Marvel/DC thread somewhere, but I don't keep nearly enough alcohol around here to venture into that funness.
  • Like 1

Nope.  It won't.  Face it, the jumps will be bigger today for Turtles than they will for GOTG.  It will have a much bigger Saturday too.

It may have a bigger Sat, but I highly doubt it will be "much bigger". ;)

TMNT 26.5m(Friday 80%, Sat 45%)

GOTG 24.5m(Friday 70%, Sat 40%)

Roughly -14.6% for GOTG-19.7% for Turtles those seem like what has become the "new" normal drops for 1/2nd week releases this year. last week drops ranged from -11 to -31% in the top 10 so yeah, I think anymore when you have more than 1 film opening for early previews you can guaranty that a hold under -10% is gone. Honestly the difference here is that the early showtimes actually cut the availability for the current films to play. Traditional midnights didn't have that kind of an effect (they may have influenced who actually went to the theater and when but they didn't effect what was playing by taking it away.) And its not as "fair" to the current films now, but whatever - the new system is here to stay.

Well actually it all balances out(box office wise) doesn't it? I mean the existing movies lose a litte B/O on their 2nd Thurs but they made that additional box by opening early on the previous Thurs?

Does anyone have any idea what The Giver is tracking around or is going to be a non-factor this weekend?

Know the book is pretty popular and required reading for most schools and wasn't sure what expectations were.  Mid teens seems about right to me, but is there any way it surprises and pushes for number 1?

*NOTE.  I saw the film at a screening a few weeks ago and thought it was poor to mediocre.

Around 1 August or so it was on the long-range tracking list for the same ammount as in the actual weekend prediction of BO.com

How to insert a link into html, I'll have still to find out, it's in the BO.com start page/side for the moment

The Giver   = OW = $12,000,000 => endresult = $33,000,000

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) Aug 8, 2014 Paramount $26,000,000 $116,000,000
Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 1, 2014 Disney $24,000,000 $222,000,000
The Expendables 3 Let's Be Cops  Aug 15, 2014 Aug 13, 2014  Lionsgate Fox $22,000,000 $21,000,000  $22,000,000 $31,000,000 
The Giver Aug 15, 2014 Weinstein Company $12,000,000 $12,000,000
Into the Storm Aug 8, 2014 Warner Bros. / New Line $7,300,000 $31,200,000
The Hundred-Foot Journey Aug 8, 2014 Disney / DreamWorks $6,800,000 $23,200,000
Lucy Jul 25, 2014 Universal $5,200,000 $107,500,000
Step Up All In Aug 8, 2014 Lionsgate / Summit $3,000,000 $12,300,000
Hercules (2014) Jul 25, 2014 Paramount $2,700,000 $68,800,000

Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.

I have never seen such posts!!!!Then again, I only read the threads after the move was announced, LOL! I heard there is a Marvel/DC thread somewhere, but I don't keep nearly enough alcohol around here to venture into that funness.

Are you asking me to buy you a drink?

• Like 1