kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Shit shit shit... I didn't know that was the sequel for The Dolphin Tale. I... actually rather liked that movie. It was good.

Harry Connick Jr. all up on that TDT2 poster has me all...

Posted Image

I don't know how you can see a Title like Dolphin Tale 2 and not relize its the Sequel to Dolphin Tale. Course some movies have the same name sometimes.

Edited by SuperRocket
  • Like 1

What are people thinking in regards to Sin City's release?  I know everyone is talking about the next few weekends being slow but I keep seeing the Sin City display adverts at the local theaters.

I think it will do 15 million OW. People just aren't excited about it like they were when the first film came out. That movie had godly trailers and previews and seemed 'cool'.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

Dolphin Tale 2 could hit $20m OW. The original just missed.

Shit shit shit... I didn't know that was the sequel for The Dolphin Tale. I... actually rather liked that movie. It was good.Harry Connick Jr. all up on that TDT2 poster has me all...

Long-range tracking here at BO.com has Dolphin Tale 2 ( Sep 12, 2014) at OW = $18,000,000  end result = $62,000,000

If the movie is good, has buzz incl social media..., I think the tracking could get adjusted ~ 1 week before

• Like 1

I guess the real question I have is whether Sin City will make 20 mil, or if any of the other upcoming releases will, or if it's going to be a matter of the ones running now just slowly winding down until we get something big opening.

Not sure about that.

I just checked, they had an update at the long range tracking, rather harshly downwards

Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For = now OW $15,000,000  and finals = $32,000,000

I think guardians and turtles should start having much slower drops until Maze Runner. I could see a 30% drop for guardians next week and a sub 50 for turtles. Then good increases for both Labor Day.However, I think If I stay can get over 20m, social media buzz is good enough.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. Nice increases for TMNT and GOTG and EX3 looks to end up with $16-17million for the weekend. That's not good at all.

E3 only increased by 11%. It better hope for only a 30% Sunday drop, it's looking fugly. This could barely get 15M.