kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

What the hell? GOTG better have more than one weekend at number one! It will be laughable if the biggest DOM hit of this summer doesn't! :angry:

How? I don't get this obsession with GOTG to be at number one. It's performing way above expectations for its ENTIRE RUN, it's developed good-great legs, and it's going to win the summer regardless of the fact that it only spent one weekend at number one.

Number one, for me, is basically PR. GOTG's already a beast. Let TMNT have it; it's another breakout, but it's not going to touch GOTG's final domestic. 

• Like 8

How? I don't get this obsession with GOTG to be at number one. It's performing way above expectations for its ENTIRE RUN, it's developed good-great legs, and it's going to win the summer regardless of the fact that it only spent one weekend at number one.

Number one, for me, is basically PR. GOTG's already a beast. Let TMNT have it; it's another breakout, but it's not going to touch GOTG's final domestic. 

Why? Because GOTG freaking DESERVES to have more than one weekend at number one.

LEGO and TWS both had 3 weekends at number one, I won't settle for any less for GOTG. :P

Why? Because GOTG freaking DESERVES to have more than one weekend at number one.

LEGO and TWS both had 3 weekends at number one, I won't settle for any less for GOTG. :P

Or what, the world will blow up?

Some of you really need to get a life and stop worrying about trivial things like Guardians of the Galaxy being #1 for more than one week lol.

• Like 4

Posted Image

• Like 5

And Frozen had only 2.  And neither on it's OW.  Not bad for a 400+ grosser. :D

• Like 2

LOL! Well then, I don't know what to say. 

Guardians burned off a lot of demand that first weekend, but still managed the best drop of the big grossers this year. Plus, it had way more audience overlap with TMNT than was expected. But it's performing like a true champ in the face of a Bay-produced franchise reboot.

I just don't think the "number one" metric should make/break your B.O. experience with a movie. I admit to having a conniption when it looked like Rio2 was going to take over TWS, but that was more because the first estimates seemed to point to a 60% decrease that weekend.  Thankfully, TWS dropped way softer. 

I'm always looking at the percentage of decrease in the second weekend. And then late legs for the movie. A second week at number 1 can be a cherry on top, but… eh, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. 

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

What the hell? GOTG better have more than one weekend at number one! It will be laughable if the biggest DOM hit of this summer doesn't! :angry:

Does it really matter?

• Like 3