Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

18 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How likely that the Black Adam solo will have Sup? Else that movie would seem a bit empty on paper no?

I think it’s more likely Superman would show up in Shazam as a small mentor roll.

The article about Black Adam talked about him being an anti hero. They’ll probably do his origin storey first and then make him a villain later on I guess. That’s if his movie happens. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cax16 said:

I think it’s more likely Superman would show up in Shazam as a small mentor roll.

The article about Black Adam talked about him being an anti hero. They’ll probably do his origin storey first and then make him a villain later on I guess. That’s if his movie happens. 

I think Superman will appear at the end of Shazam rather be like Tony Stark in SMH. 

I would not be surprised if they teased Black Adam in Shazam, either as a reference or a mid credit scene. If Shazam is a hit, they'd be foolish not to have Black Adam in the sequel

• Like 2

8 hours ago, a2knet said:

How likely that the Black Adam solo will have Sup? Else that movie would seem a bit empty on paper no?

At this point I just want The Rock to give up on being Black Adam and let someone else play Black Adam for a Shazam! sequel. I don't need DC Films to be hijacked by whatever non sense The Rock thinks it's cool. If he didn't want to play a villainous character, he shouldn't have committed to the role of a villainous character in the first place. 

Amazing and exciting news in the Shazam! camp again. If this girl is going for Mary Marvel, she definitely looks the part. Exciting times. 

• Like 2

Can't freaking believe this is happening .... great casting choices .... and I do also think Supe will be in this as a mentor as well.

Although it would make sense to put the rock in this as well kinda cameo type of deal for his own standalone BlackAdam Movie.

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Mark Strong could be a good Sivana. Glad to see they're still using him. Hopefully he gets more to do in here then Green Lantern, ha. 

He was really good as Sinestro, he’s a solid actor especially in more darker roles like Eddie in A View from the Bridge. 

I hope they get the balance right with Shazam, it should quite a light hearted film but not a comedy and also I think they should explore the character of Billy Batson, he’s just as important as Shazam

Just now, Jonwo said:

He was really good as Sinestro, he’s a solid actor especially in more darker roles like Eddie in A View from the Bridge. 

I hope they get the balance right with Shazam, it should quite a light hearted film but not a comedy and also I think they should explore the character of Billy Batson, he’s just as important as Shazam

He was a great choice for Sinestro, but sadly the movie was a dud, so he never got to play the character as a straight villain.

Having the film explore the duality of Batson and Shazam would be a great idea, if you ask me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Interesting they've gone for a 15 year old, I guess it's easier to have a teen play younger than casting someone who will have a growth spurt or voice cracks during production

If they'd gone for 10 they wouldn't have had to worry about that at all.  But with 15 they've kind of boxed themselves in regarding sequels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Well Tom Holland is 21 and plays a 15/16 year old 

It's much easier for a 21 year old to play a 15-16 year ago than a 15 year old playing 10 or 11 but I suspect they'll slightly age up Billy Batson so that's he is 12-13

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Well Tom Holland is 21 and plays a 15/16 year old 

Well, they already know he's not getting a growth spurt.  :lol:

Billy Baston is also a character I always see at about 10 or 11 but I guess he's been older in other iterations?  It will just seem weird if in three years played by an 18 yr old since it underminds the hook of a child with an alter ego super powered  self.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3