eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

With this strong hold plus Labor Day weekend boost, 300M is back on for GOTG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I think 300m was on after last weekend number. It needed 15m this weekend to keep it in sight. The real target is 303m, then it will have the best multiplier out of all the MCU movies. Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

I think 300m was on after last weekend number. It needed 15m this weekend to keep it in sight. The real target is 303m, then it will have the best multiplier out of all the MCU movies.

And they didn't need to have a shitty plot with Iron Man joining the Guardians of the Galaxy to do it! ;)

• Like 3

I think 290 M is a lock for GOTG.

If GOTG hits 295m, watch Disney not give a shit and not push it to 300m. Just look at how they are dealing with TWS and the 260m milestone.

Disney only cares about their darling animated movies hitting certain milestones these days. :ph34r:

• Like 1

If GOTG hits 295m, watch Disney not give a shit and not push it to 300m. Just look at how they are dealing with TWS and the 260m milestone.

Disney only cares about their darling animated movies hitting certain milestones these days. :ph34r:

260 million isn't a milestone.

• Like 7

Friday Update #2: Sources tell BoxOffice that If I Stay is pacing for an opening day around $5 million. If that holds, an opening weekend in the $13-14 million range is likely.

Meanwhile, When the Game Stands Tall is performing on par with expectations around a $3.5 million Friday. That would likely get the film over $10 million for the weekend.

The news isn't improving for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After alarmingly low Thursday night numbers, sources report that the sequel may net around $4 million today. If that holds, a sub-$10 million weekend remains very likely (possibly closer to $9 million).

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2014-08-22-north-america-thursday-night-report-if-i-stay-grabs-solid-11-million

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

They didn't care about MONSTERS UNIVERSITY that much.

You are talking about the studio that let gnomeo and Juliet end its run at 99.9m

Disney didn't care about Gnomeo since it wasn't made by them.

Now Disney's Hercules which ended its run at 99m is something I'll never understood. A mediocre movie that should have been pushed to 100m. :ph34r: