eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

But if women are allowed to become consistent draws at the box office they'll expect the right to write and direct movies next.

I know you are joking.... but :puke:

I like Shaileen immensely.  She absolutely blew me away in The Descendants.  Ever since then I've been fascinated with her,  Yes, she is beautiful, imo. But it's much more than that.  I find the roles she takes to be very interesting.  From a straight up studio film and blockbuster in the making like Divergent to a low budget and beautiful story like Spectacular Now to FIOS, her choices have been nothing short of perfect imo.  She absolutely slayed my in FIOS and if she doesn't get an oscar nomination for it, it'll be a sad day.  

Her personal life, what she eats and so on, it might be unconventional but everyone criticizes things they don't understand.  I have never heard of any kind of benefit to eating clay, she does, so who am I to criticize her for it?  

I do not read those kind of infos / articles, but I happen to know about clay given e.g. pregnants to de-sour the stomach (I got it then too, long ago).

In case she has a problem with overproducing stomach acid or her diet contains lots of acid... clay balances that out

She's there. Bullock wasn't in demand before she did Gravity. She was also about the 10th choice for the film. She got lucky. Taking nothing away from her, I like her immensely but revisionist history always makes me laugh. Woodley is absolutely in demand. Sorry you can't see that.

Did you forget about The Blinside or The Heat? Sandra Bullock is definitely powerful. Just look at the forbes top 10 and that should.give you an idea of the most in demand actresses in Hollywood. I'm not saying Woodley is never gonna get there but she isn't there yet. Edited by babz06

I really hope Hollywood starts catching onto some of these Box Office trends

1.The Hunger Games breaks out as a 400m hit with a female (JLaw) as the title hero.

2.Breaking Dawn Part 2 finishes its franchise on a high note box office wise at 292m

3.Brave rebounds from Cars 2 despite being a movie about a mother and daughter and very feministic themes.

4.Snow White and the Huntsman proves to be a strong success with a female in the action hero lead.

5.Les Miserables becomes one of the biggest musicals ever by having a wide appeal to the female audience.

6.Magic Mike becomes a Summer breakout hit by being a movie about male strippers, female driven success.

7.The Vow becomes a breakout success as one of the largest Valentines Day romantic movies

1.Frozen (an animated musical about princesses and sisterhood) wins the year World Wide.

2.Catching Fire wins the year domestically.

3.Gravity rakes in 270m in October while also setting the opening weekend record with much thanks to Bullock's star power.

4.The Great Gatsby proves to be fantastic counter-marketing with major female appeal, becoming one of the Summer's big success stories.

5.The Heat becomes the biggest comedy of the year with Bullock and McCarthy in the lead.

6.We're the Millers proves to have great female appeal and legs itself to 150m in August.

7.Identity Thief becomes one of pre-Summer 2013's few hits with McCarthy drawing in a large audience and legging it out.

1.Maleficent is huge due to Jolie drawing power.

2.Shailene becomes a consistent Box Office and critically acclaimed pull with Fault and Divergent very soon after Jlaw proved her viability. (And that was with Fault solely marketing to the audience that was already sold)

3.Melissa McCarthy proves her Box Office pull by raking in 80m DOM on a movie that sold on her name alone (not even quality, simply female star power).

4.Lucy becomes one of the breakout hits of July due to Scarlet Johansson star power.

5.Guardians of the Galaxy becomes Marvel's highest grossing movie without Iron Man in it and wins the summer within the month of August (with a possibility of it even beating two of the Iron Man films), it also has the highest percentage of female attendance from any Marvel movie.

6.Mockingjay Part 1 is going to be another guaranteed 350m+ hit

7.Unbroken is currently poised to do big business (And high potential for acclaim) with Jolie behind the directing wheel.

8.Fifty Shades of Grey boasts huge buzz (summer blockbuster level) after the first trailer which came out 7 month prior to release.

• Like 9

Did you forget about The Blinside or The proposal? Sandra Bullock is definitely powerful. Just look at the forbes top 10 and that should.give you an idea of the most in demand actresses in Hollywood. I'm not saying Woodley is never gonna get there but she isn't there yet.

Blindside?  Nope, didn't forget about it at all.  

Bullock is in demand and I'm not saying she's not.  But you just said that Woodley isn't in the top 10.  That's pretty ludicrous.  Name the other actresses that are above Woodely then.  

• Like 1

Blindside?  Nope, didn't forget about it at all.  

Bullock is in demand and I'm not saying she's not.  But you just said that Woodley isn't in the top 10.  That's pretty ludicrous.  Name the other actresses that are above Woodely then.  

JLAW is the only I know. 

• Like 2