eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Green has her niche, she'll never be A-List which is why we all jumped on 'the Eva Green effect' back when 302 opened. JGL doesn't seem to be doing all that hot either despite being pimped as the next Jesus a few years ago.

I can't believe he turned down GOTG. Talk about a huge mistake.

Which she likely only got because her connection to Bay. Otherwise, the years since departing the Transformers franchise have been quite rough on her.

Her and Bay hated each other for a while.  So yes, her connection helped but then again, nepotism in Hollywood is a big thing no matter who you are.

• Like 2

I can't believe he turned down GOTG. Talk about a huge mistake.

Why is it a mistake?  Just because a movie makes a lot of money, doesn't mean it's any good.

At least, that's what everyone tells me here.

• Like 2

Alba never was going to happen. Dark Angel was fine but she had no charisma and very little acting talent. She looks good but that's about it. 

I don't think she keeps getting work. Is this not the first acting job she has done in a while?

She was in both of the Machete movies and Spy Kids 4(? I think it was 4)

Basically, she gets work cuz she's Rodriguez's pal

• Like 2

Which she likely only got because her connection to Bay. Otherwise, the years since departing the Transformers franchise have been quite rough on her.

She also got pregnant and did the mother thing for a while.

• Like 2

Why is it a mistake? Just because a movie makes a lot of money, doesn't mean it's any good.At least, that's what everyone tells me here.

A movie that does well is good for an actor's career, even if it sucks...makes them more marketable and agent can get them more work and $, etc. Edited by FTF

Saw this on HSX

Since TWC got their cash flow fixed in 2008/2009, they have tried to extend several franchises with new sequels with consistent resultsScream 4 opend at 18.7. Scream 3 did 34.7Hoodwinked 2 opened at 4.1. Hoodwinked 1 12.4Spy Kids 4 11.6. Spy Kids 3 opened at 33.4Piranha 3 did $180k. Piranha did 10.1Scary Movie 5 did 14.2. Scary Movie 4 did 14.2And now sin city 2 did 6.5. Sin city 1 did 29.1Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the pattern. They are trying to exploit what they have, but what they have is either too old or too low demand too continue to expliot the IP further.

• Like 3

Are Shailene's scenes from TASM2 on the Blu-Ray? I don't plan on buying it but I know she had a handful of scenes that were completely chopped out and I keep seeing this commercial for that trainwreck advertising the deleted scenes.

No, not from what I heard.

• Like 1

A movie that does well is good for an actor's career, even if it sucks...makes them marketable and agent can get them more work and $, etc.

Sure, but JGL did TDKR, so his career is fine.

• Like 1

Her and Bay hated each other for a while.  So yes, her connection helped but then again, nepotism in Hollywood is a big thing no matter who you are.

She also had two kids in the last 3 years.

Ah, always so late. You tell'em Baumer! :lol:

Edited by James
  • Like 2

Sure, but JGL did TDKR, so his career is fine.

It's not 100% in stone, and his career was probably fine before that, not like Alba's. Like obviously TMNT is better for Fox's career than if it bombed, let's see if she gets anymore work now (shell at least get TMNT2 out of it).
  • Like 1

Why is it a mistake?  Just because a movie makes a lot of money, doesn't mean it's any good.

At least, that's what everyone tells me here.

But it is good when the movie you like makes money. But not for horrible movies aka TF. Like, no one likes that shit!!