grim22

Emmy Awards 2014 - Discussion thread. Breaking Bad wins best Drama Series

Have they lost their minds??? Breaking Bad??? I mean it's a great show, but it's not airing anymore, they could choose a show aired this year.

Because Breaking Bad aired during the eligibility period for the 2014 Emmys. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. And there is no obligation to honor a show that hasn't wrapped up.

• Like 2

McConaughey snubbed? That's total bullshit

He was snubbed the day they decided to go against Breaking Bad's final and arguably best season. But perhaps we've just forgotten how great Cranston was during this season and the whole run of BB and maybe we just count the moments from this year as MM's greatest accomplishments but let's not let Nolan get the best of us and let's remember who the bad guy is: the Emmys for allowing them to submit as a Drama when they clearly aren't.

• Like 2

Some may criticize Golden Globes for supposedly having its awards bought out, but they do a better job at recognizing the newer fresh shows over the older tired ones. I hope Brooklyn Nine Nine takes a potshot at the Emmys for its repetitiveness.

This. Golden Globes keeps it fresh. I still love them for giving Katey Sagal a WIN for Sons of Anarachy, whereas Emmy won't even touch the show.

This. Golden Globes keeps it fresh. I still love them for giving Katey Sagal a WIN for Sons of Anarachy, whereas Emmy won't even touch the show.

It's like what Twilight was to the MTV Movie Awards. Except the people who voted for Twilight were annoying fangirls who didn't know any better.

forgot the emms were on , doesnt help i wasnt online either!

happy for breaking bad ,cant hate on them , the cast/show was that good!

true detective gambled and lost , they felt they deserve to be in that category , they'll go home with a nominee basket except for awesome directing nod , because that shot ,heck episode was as self-evident  a winner as bryan cranston !

SHERLOCK :wub:

benedict cumberbatch is a sex god :wub:  :wub:  , deal with it haters ^_^ martin freeman a true detective sidekick !!!

now now before actually watching modern family i use to roll my eyes happily along with everyone when they kept on winning but i've been binging through the show for past 2 weeks and i'm absolutely loving it , laughing my ass off ,its really funny and i just love the characters , i think that might be what it is 

emmy voters just really love the characters and they must be doing something right if the competition can't shake them off , look how true detective at least give off a real alternative vibe to the best drama category !

with that said i haven't watched the competition either so there's that so based on the only show i have watched which i find provides great comedy i'm very happy for modern family !

next year the drama category will be interesting now that BB has reaped all the awards possible on that show 

of course there's still the golden globes and i have feeling mathew Mc should get the prize there!

Also why the fuck did they do the guest acting awards off camera? Would've much rather seen Uzo's speech than The Amazing fucking Race brigade or some writers.

There has to be a certain quota of writing and directing emmys speeches to be broadcast if they want to show clips from the shows during the telecast. This is a part of union negotiations between the academy and the guilds. All acting speeches can't be shown without wrecking the quotas.  Part of the reason why both Oscars and Emmys tend to be snoozefests vis a vis the Globes which is concerned about maximum celebrity wattage alone. In recent times the Emmys have had a hard time even getting the networks on board to broadcast the show.

Edited by maxenricfan

Benedict cumberbatch is a very good actor, the one and only sherlock, much better than J.R downey. If you hate him than you didn't see the new sherlock, one of the best series ever. It's even equal to GOT. And yeah martin Freeman is the perfect supporting actor, altought the dwarf of GOT was better. (Arron paul was also good but I prefer peter dinglage). 

Why are people pissed at Cumberbatch and Freeman for winning for Sherlock

Have you guys seen the series or their performance? They are impeccable in it by far the best DUO in the category they were in  ( even though, once again, series 3 wasn't quite as mindblowingly great its still top notch entertainment)

Yeah but isn't emmy like all the other award shows awarding people for their overall work in the series on a whole ?

I don't think Freeman is disappointed since he did win an emmy just not for that ... to me what matters is that Sherlock is getting recognized as it should have been ever since it started

maybe emmy voters actually saw the first 2 series of Sherlock hence the late recognition lol