Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 29 secs THE NOVEMBER MAN took in $10.11M over the 4-day weekend. 6-Day domestic total stands at $11.79M. #TheNovemberManIf till then no one has started one, I'll do it as soon as BO.com has at lest their 14 wide releases updated

I saw this the other day. Serviceable spy thriller, but not much more.
  • Like 2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 29 secs

THE NOVEMBER MAN took in $10.11M over the 4-day weekend. 6-Day domestic total stands at $11.79M. #TheNovemberMan

Bombastic start for Relativity's supposed new franchise. They probably already greenlighted NM3 and NM4. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

The US distributer got it for $3m

I started a new thread as suggested

this movie is profitable for the producers..they sold the rights internationally and profited..

Relativity acquired this thing for 3 mil only..with mid range marketing this movie is already in profit..

November Man 2 is not a bad idea after all..

• Like 1

Here it means very good/amazing. And I was joking since the start of TNM is everything except that.

Hmmm, in an article before the release (I think it was Deadline) they told about the distributors are hoping for a ~ $12m Labor Day weekend

How's it doing compared to IM1?  

This movie keeps surprising.

Guardians is $3m ahead right now, but they have been back and forth due to different holidays and different time of year.

Keep track with this chart: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=originshow.htm

Thinking ahead to Tuesday's number, if Guardians doesn't drop more than 82.7% it will stay above $1m, probably for the last time on a weekday.

Edited by Caladbolg

Guardians is $3m ahead right now, but they have been back and forth due to different holidays and different time of year.

Keep track with this chart: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=originshow.htm

The major difference is at this point Iron Man was heading into non school summer weekdays and GOTG is heading into school weekdays.

• Like 3

Hmmm, in an article before the release (I think it was Deadline) they told about the distributors are hoping for a ~ $12m Labor Day weekend

Yes, their projections before the opening was $12m for the extended opening and pretty much on target - and they announced that the same time they did plans for November Man 2.  So I'd assume they're happy with the number.

Relativity paid $3m for the pickup and the movie according to the L.A Times had a $15m budget. It cost far less than most of the recent action films of this kind and it opened better than any of the recent solo Arnold, Sly, Stratham pics. (Sabotage, The Last Stand,  Parker, Homefront,  Bullet To The Head etc). Let's see what kind of Int'l #s it does. 

• Like 2

Yes, their projections before the opening was $12m for the extended opening and pretty much on target - and they announced that the same time they did plans for November Man 2.  So I'd assume they're happy with the number.

Relativity paid $3m for the pickup and the movie according to the L.A Times had a $15m budget. It cost far less than most of the recent action films of this kind and it opened better than any of the recent solo Arnold, Sly, Stratham pics. (Sabotage, The Last Stand,  Parker, Homefront,  Bullet To The Head etc). Let's see what kind of Int'l #s it does. 

This is obviously a case of pre-selling the distribution rights = a profitable film. No matter what the box office is.

If they pre-sell November Man 2 in enough overseas territories, there's no reason not to make it.

• Like 1