A Marvel Fanboy

Wednesday 12/21/11 Numbers

Yeah, that's it. Had nothing to do with the fact the trailers didn't sell the movie at all... Sorry, as I said before, it looked more creepy than magical or innovative.

Spielberg should've filmed it in live action. I can't get over the creepy eyes.Does Steven Spielberg think he is Robert Zemeckis or something?
  • Like 1

Spielberg should've filmed it in live action. I can't get over the creepy eyes.Does Steven Spielberg think he is Robert Zemeckis or something?

Mo`cap doesn`t work on humans, period, even when they are caricatrurized like Tintin characters. It works on aliens (Avatar) and animals (ROTPOTA) but humans (Tron Legacy, Polar Express, Beowolf, Tintin) just look off-putting. For exmaple, I don`t have a problem with Haddock in trailer but Tintin freaks me out most likely because he is the least caricaturish. And Jeff Bridges looked like dead young Bridges not like young Bridges. So yeha, not there yet, not even close.

Mo`cap doesn`t work on humans, period, even when they are caricatrurized like Tintin characters. It works on aliens (Avatar) and animals (ROTPOTA) but humans (Tron Legacy, Polar Express, Beowolf, Tintin) just look off-putting. For exmaple, I don`t have a problem with Haddock in trailer but Tintin freaks me out most likely because he is the least caricaturish. And Jeff Bridges looked like dead young Bridges not like young Bridges. So yeha, not there yet, not even close.

I think mo-cap will get better with the advancement in technologies and increase in processing power. But even now, I don't think they are bad.

I loved Tintin. It was a great blockbuster. It is a shame that is flopping this hard.GWTDT was never meant to do those big numbers that some of us were predicting. It is a very dark movie and doesn't have any big star (Daniel Craig is not a draw).Good for MI4. The real story of this Christmas.

It couldn't have been live action because there's no way some of those set pieces could've been pulled off that way. And I don't think Spielberg was confident enough to try and make it a normal animated movie.

These are good numbers overall. Dragon Tattoo is probably slightly overperforming industry expectations

Oh, please, lets stop the òverpefroming`shit right here! The movie costed $100 mio to make, is based on a huge bestseller so you bet that expectations werent conservative even with R rating. It#s doing OK. Nothing spectacular. It isn#t breaking out as some expected. So looks like it won#t bomb but it won#t be a sensation either. Edited by fishnets

Omg, yes, THE EYES :( . I'm still going to see it today but that's mostly for The Hobbit trailer. Tbh I may just leave after the previews and walk into something else because I can do without nightmares tonight.

Omg, yes, THE EYES :( . I'm still going to see it today but that's mostly for The Hobbit trailer. Tbh I may just leave after the previews and walk into something else because I can do without nightmares tonight.

Just ask for refund or exchange. Many people do that. Seriously, if you don#t want to watch Tintin after TH trailer than contribute to another movie#s boxoffice. Exchange the ticket for MI4, for example.

Why don't you see the trailer online?

Box Office Brawl: Warner Bros Demands Recount From Rivals Paramount & Sonyhttp://www.deadline.com/2011/12/box-office-brawl-warner-bros-demands-recount-from-rival-studios-paramount-sony/The real news Wednesday night was how well Sherlock is holding. MI4 opened wide on Tuesday at 5PM and included the entire day ($2M) into Wednesday’s gross of $8.5M. Tattoo opened wide at 7PM on Tuesday and included the entire day ($1.6M) into Wednewsday’s gross of $5M. Since this creative reporting has never be done before, you should note that both films grosses Wednesday night were intentionally inflated from $6.5M and $3.4M respectively. Sherlock’s 6th day actually finished in 2nd place Wednesday. Let’s all compete on a level playing field. Just watch the drop off Thursday of both M:I4 and Tattoo vs Sherlock.