A Marvel Fanboy

Wednesday 12/21/11 Numbers

It looks like Alvin is going to have a very good run. It might have opened lower than everyone thought, but for it to not decline at all today is quite impressive.

It looks like Alvin is going to have a very good run. It might have opened lower than everyone thought, but for it to not decline at all today is quite impressive.

I agree. Between that huge Tuesday increase and the opening of Tintin (even if it didn't open big, it was still direct competition), I was definitely expecting some decrease at least.

a. Kids movies always have inflated weekdays over the holidays.b. None of the films that opened were direct competition for Alvin.

a. Kids movies always have inflated weekdays over the holidays.b. None of the films that opened were direct competition for Alvin.

I think Tintin is more or less direct competition, even if it isn't doing great numbers. And while there are no great comparisons from 2005, Alvin 3 held nearly as well as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, despite a significantly larger Tuesday increase.