Crusader

John Wick | Keanu Reeves | October 24, 2014 | Final Trailer on Page 3 | IMAX release announced

Black people love Keanu too.  "The Matrix" is one of the most diverse not just sci-fi but movie franchises ever.  Of course BET would promote it. 

You say that like it should be obvious. I don't remember them promoting 47 Ronan or TDTESS or Street Kings. There's barely any black people noticeable in the promos, so whether we "love" Keanu or not, it's just strange to see. 

• Like 1

IMDb Twitter takeover began. This is cute.

.@Kitty_De_Freak I really enjoyed playing John's grief. I'm a little more goofy than #JohnWick. #IMDbAskKeanu

Also you can totally see his personality in these tweets. One guy asked him "What scene was the most difficult to shoot in John Wick?", and he gave an detailed answer in seven tweets.

Hmmmmm.  I would say the fight w/ Perkins, the female assassin. cont.

cont.  I had to learn the choreography two hours before we filmed & fight in boxer shorts & John kind of gets beat up. #JohnWick

It was a very intense shoot & the action sequences demanded a lot of timing & cooperation. Everyone was very serious.  cont

So when we'd do a take sometimes I'd forget a move or the stuntman would come in early.

So when it goes wrong, really wrong, you can't do anything but laugh. You are supposed to be this really intense super assassin

and you're just standing there saying, what do I do next?

The stuntman is standing there looking at you trying to stop himself from punching you in the head b/c I was supposed to duck.

Edited by PratArthur

You say that like it should be obvious. I don't remember them promoting 47 Ronan or TDTESS or Street Kings. There's barely any black people noticeable in the promos, so whether we "love" Keanu or not, it's just strange to see. 

Well "47 Ronin" was more Asian centric but good point.  "Street Kings" was promoted on BET though as it had Forrest Whitker in it as well as Rappers Common and The Game.  TDTESS was promoted also it as featured Jaden Smith.   This is more of a straight Keanu Action flick similar to "The Matrix" that's why it's getting some BET spins.  John Leguizemo is in it also and he does have a fanbase in the Black and Latino community.

Edited by filmscholar