Crusader

John Wick | Keanu Reeves | October 24, 2014 | Final Trailer on Page 3 | IMAX release announced

Here's the YouTube version of the clip I posted, for anyone who's been having problems with the version I originally posted like I have:

That clip was fucking insane! I can't wait to see this and maybe take some friends along for the ride.

Edited by Talkie

I forgot Taken opened a year prior in Europe.

It's such a shame it's tracking to open poorly.

This clip is amazing.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/777599-john-wick-exclusive-face-shooting-clip-interview

Crazy gun-fu action. I wonder why there is no buzz for this film. While Neeson seems created to play that Taken character, I am still stunned by the popularity of the series. I thought Taken would make a decent $70M. John Wick seems to be very generic in terms of feel & look (reminds me of Replacement Killers etc) and it would be lucky to make $40M to $50M. 

Crazy gun-fu action. I wonder why there is no buzz for this film. While Neeson seems created to play that Taken character, I am still stunned by the popularity of the series. I thought Taken would make a decent $70M. John Wick seems to be very generic in terms of feel & look (reminds me of Replacement Killers etc) and it would be lucky to make $40M to $50M. 

Neeson's classic line over the phone got a fair amount of early and frequent exposure.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Thursday numbers are out. “Ouija” earned $911,000 at 2,061 theaters on Thursday night. “John Wick” grossed an estimated $870,000 in over 2,000 locations.

Wick with 41K less than the projected weekend winner in previews? Hope that's a good sign.

Escape plan did 258k and ended up opening to 9M for the weekend according to Deadline. Both opened in October, so if John Wick has a similar preview to weekend multiplier, that puts it on track for around 30M. Probably too hopeful, but considering the high marks Wick has over Escape Plan, why not hope?

Edited by Jay Beezy

• Community Manager

So even though the trailer of this movie suggests it's just brainless, typical action stuff (Netflix that movie!), the reviews seem to suggest that it's has amazing brainless action stuff (MOVIE THEATER).

So should I see this movie?

So even though the trailer of this movie suggests it's just brainless, typical action stuff (Netflix that movie!), the reviews seem to suggest that it's has amazing brainless action stuff (MOVIE THEATER).

I haven't seen it, but I think you should. Movies aren't the same at home as they are watching them in the theater.

I read an article before talking about how keanu's success was partly down to his appeal to both men and women but these days I don't see the females turning up for him, maybe because the movies don't appeal to them.

A lot of his hit movies had crucial love stories as part of the plot, speed, point break, the matrix, even bill and ted 1 lol. His recent movies don't have that.

I wouldn't call it brainless. There's an extremely interesting world they've built to go along with it.

Also, just because a movie is pretty much nothing but action, doesn't make it brainless in my opinion. It's just a simple story told very well with some extremely well stars action set pieces in which Reeves shoots lots of people in the face.

• Like 1

It's 100% because it's 45 minutes shorter than Raid 2.

There's a certain refinement to it that I think puts it ahead of Raid 2 in many ways.

The club scene is going to be an classic action scene for the new millennium. The way he reloads that gun....sheeeeeeeeeeeit

• Like 2

Just got back.  BADASS! ha.  I mean not sure how else to describe keanu in it.  I want to give some props to stahelski, and leitch who both were from the stunt world as initially stuntmen then went on to be second unit directors and stunt choreographers/coordinators for all the huge movies (matrixes, 300, bourne, tron, hunger games, iron man and on and on) including the matrix where stahelski was keanus stunt double. Gotta give a big bravo for first time directors who do a great job- u kind of knew the action would be good but it's clear, easy to follow, quick and just top notch.  Most impressed how they put together a nice little story tho and made you feel a little bit with the limited time in the beginning and the kind of cool hotel/world they make for assassins/hitmen.

Overall, just happy keanu got some good material that fits perfect for him- he's a great action star, even at his age, and pulls it off with confidence-his years  and years of pretty much training for movies def shows-so much more fluid than most other actors.  The ending of the movie did fade a little for me, the plot kind of just went whacko, felt rushed and just wasn't as good/cohesive as the 2/3rds that came before it.  It's a bit unfortunate because if they plotted out the last third a little better I would've just ate it up...but still I'm giving it an 8.75/10.  Ill def see it again in theaters.  

*side note - some good acting here...  dafoe, nyqvist, palicki surprisingly, alfie ( REEK!), mcshane, most importantly, keanu did a great job