Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm going to predict this movie to continue the trend of disappointing box office this summer based on the lackluster marketing and very little to no TV Spots at all for a movie that comes out in a month.. I'm still maintaining that the BOURNE ULTIMATUM pretty well wrapped things up to where this really wasn't needed..

The movie isn't out for another 7 weeks, calm down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm going to predict this movie to continue the trend of disappointing box office this summer based on the lackluster marketing and very little to no TV Spots at all for a movie that comes out in a month.. I'm still maintaining that the BOURNE ULTIMATUM pretty well wrapped things up to where this really wasn't needed..

Its closer to two months before it releases than one

17 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The superhero market is oversaturated right now and this movie won't arrange that fact.

I don't see it that way. Not so much fatigue but more like there's ample choices for non-CBM fans to see.  Core CBM fans still seem to be going.

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

If it does better than Bourne Legacy, I'm good.  

On June 7, 2016 at 5:16 PM, The Futurist said:

The superhero market is oversaturated right now and this movie won't arrange that fact.

Not a factor. Bourne may do 'super'human feats but this film is an action/espionage thriller as far as genres go.

Also, all prior released super hero films will be well in the rearview so as to not have any impact on an audiences decision to go. 

The warehouse manager at work has informed me that he will be seeing this in the theatre.

The last time he went to see a movie was when he received free tickets to a special screening of Harry Brown.

35 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

The Australian premiere was in Sydney last night.

Matt Damon poses with fans ahead of the Jason Bourne Australian Premiere in Sydney.

Matt Damon and Alicia Vikander arrive ahead on the red carpet.

Seems awfully early. Hopefully they screen it to press soon.

I have a lot of faith in Greengrass and Damon to pull together a good story, but I'm worried that ultimately the whole thing feels like a retread with little to add.

• Like 1

I'll probably see it. It isn't a 'rush out opening weekend' movie for me, but I figure I'm guaranteed a good evening at the movies when I do go see it, so I am sure it will happen, at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trifle said:

I'll probably see it. It isn't a 'rush out opening weekend' movie for me, but I figure I'm guaranteed a good evening at the movies when I do go see it, so I am sure it will happen, at some point.

I think a lot of people will think the same as you when it comes to this, which is why I'm lowering my OW expectations. I think a very similar run to Rogue Nation last year could be in store, assuming it's of a similar quality to the original trilogy. 

• Like 1