Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Summer '13 was pretty good for the most part, actually. And Summer '03 had Nemo and Pirates 1 so it automatically wins.

That's like saying this summer had Dory and Civil War so it automatically wins. Summer '03 is by far the most abysmal summer of my lifetime overall. Nothing else comes close. Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, SWAT, Hulk, Spy Kids 3, American Wedding, Daddy Day Care, Charlie's Angels 2, Legally Blonde 2, Tomb Raider 2, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Jason vs Freddy, Jeepers Creepers 2, Johnny English, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Uptown Girls, Dumb and Dumberer, SinBAD, The In-Laws, My Boss's Daughter, The Medallion, Hollywood Homicide, From Justin to Kelly, fucking Gigli....MOTHER OF GOD WHEN WILL THE LAMBS STOP SCREAMING. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All summers are gonna be crappy. You'll get a few blockbusters you like and maybe a comedy or two and then a whole bunch of dreck

But every year people hype up the next summer by just listing ten franchise movies and pretending it's gonna be rad

WONDER WOMAN, KINGSMAN, PIXAR, GUARDIANS, MUMMY, BAYWATCH, BAYFORMERS, MORE MINIONS, SPIDER-MAN, APES, JUMANJI, DUNKIRK, VALERIAN, UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE, ALIEN, EMOJI THE MOVIE, CONJURING CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, FUCKING PIRATES BREH!!!! Rad Summer coming for sure. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All summers are gonna be crappy. You'll get a few blockbusters you like and maybe a comedy or two and then a whole bunch of dreck

But every year people hype up the next summer by just listing ten franchise movies and pretending it's gonna be rad

Mostly just those who put too much faith in Bryan Singer, Duncan Jones, and Roland Emmerich (lol) a year ago.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's like saying this summer had Dory and Civil War so it automatically wins. Summer '03 is by far the most abysmal summer of my lifetime overall. Nothing else comes close. Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, SWAT, Hulk, Spy Kids 3, American Wedding, Daddy Day Care, Charlie's Angels 2, Legally Blonde 2, Tomb Raider 2, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Jason vs Freddy, Jeepers Creepers 2, Johnny English, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Uptown Girls, Dumb and Dumberer, SinBAD, The In-Laws, My Boss's Daughter, The Medallion, Hollywood Homicide, From Justin to Kelly, fucking Gigli....MOTHER OF GOD WHEN WILL THE LAMBS STOP SCREAMING. 

You might as well say every summer is terrible if you're going to list every bad movie there is. It's no surprise that Hollywood produces more trash than treasure these days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's like saying this summer had Dory and Civil War so it automatically wins. 

I'm not saying you're wrong (I was only 4/during the Summer of 2003) but Nemo is better than Dory and CotBP is way better than Civil War

Just now, filmlover said:

You might as well say every summer is terrible if you're going to list every bad movie there is. It's no surprise that Hollywood produces more trash than treasure these days.

There are no summers with that many abominations to list. Maybe summers that have a ton of underwhelming flicks and a few horrible ones, but that one was literally dozens of putrid releases. And I even left some out of that '03 list! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

There are no summers with that many abominations to list. Maybe summers that have a ton of underwhelming flicks and a few horrible ones, but that one was literally dozens of putrid releases. And I even left some out of that '03 list! 

Most of those movies you listed were just mediocre instead of flat-out terrible.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most of those movies you listed were just mediocre instead of flat-out terrible.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I guess I can maybe see an argument for Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, and SWAT just being mediocre but every other one is the epitome of Hollywood at its absolute lowest of all lows. All were pulled from the top 40 btw. Compare to this summer's top 40 so far where really only most would make an argument for IDR, The Darkness, and Warcraft being outright awful. And probably not even so much for Warcraft. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Seriously though, you guys have major nostalgia glasses on if you can't see how this summer isn't even close to as bad as '03 overall. Again just look at those top 40's! It's a miracle Hollywood still exists 13 years after that summer '03 slate. If it had stayed that bad, the industry as we know it would cease to exist today. 

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Seriously though, you guys have major nostalgia glasses on if you can't see how this summer isn't even close to as bad as '03 overall. Again just look at those top 40's! It's a miracle Hollywood still exists 13 years after that summer '03 slate. If it had stayed that bad, the industry as we know it would cease to exist today. 

Most of those movies are forgettable. Compare that to notorious summer turkeys (Speed 2, Batman & Robin, Godzilla '98, Wild Wild West, The Haunting, Battlefield: Earth) and it doesn't look so bad.

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Hollywood Homicide is one of my favorite bad movies leave it out of your shaming

LOL I thought it was pretty awful but something kept me watching it.  Josh Hartnett maybe?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

OH HELLLLL NAH!! Bad Boys 2 is so over the top awesome. 

Agree about out everything else though. 

• Like 2