Lazer

Movies that you changed your opinion of over time, for Better/Worse?

Step Brothers. At first, I thought it was okay. Then, the second time I saw it, I thought it was good. Then, the 3rd time I saw it, I thought it was very good and I couldn't stop laughing.

As for a change for the worse, TDKR. The first time I saw it, I thought it was great. Then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was just very good. Now, I think it's just a good movie.

• Like 1

Well, LOTR.

When I was little my dad loved it and it was always on TV during the Christamas period. I though it was annoying and now they are my all time favourite movies.

DOFP this year. I though it was brilliant when I first saw it and at a re-watch I thought it was "just" very good.

SM3 was ok at a first viewing. After a few year I came to love it.

Titanic. Hated it when I was little and now I like it very much.

I used to love TDK, now I think it's just good.

I didin't love TDKR when I first saw it, now I do.

I liked The Avengers when I first saw it. I still like it, but not nearly as much. The exact opposite happened with Thor 1. 

HP: HBP - bored me when I first saw it, now I think it's awesome.

Narni: Prince Caspian - I hated it, now I like it.

Gravity.  I enjoyed it a lot at the theater, but haven't felt compelled to watch it again since.  It probably wouldn't hold up nearly as well at home since its 90% visuals.

I agree with this, Gravity in the cinema was a great experience, Gravity at home on a 55 inch 3d TV is surprisingly hard to get through, even with its short run time.

Collateral: I found it just good back in 2004 but i think it's a near masterpiece now

Sweeney Todd: I found it amazing when I first saw it, i think mainly because it was so much different than what I had in mind a musical was supposed to be like back then. I still like it to this day but after a few rewatches I felt that it was nothing special.

two movies that I worshiped it as a kid and that I watched recently was Day After Tomorrow and Sky High, both have some undeniable qualities, but the final product is meh at best. The contrary happened to The Prestige and MI4.

Edited by Goffe R Swanson

two movies that I worshiped it as a kid and that I watched recently was Day After Tomorrow and Sky High, both have some undeniable qualities, but the final product is meh at best. The contrary happened to The Prestige and MI4.

Thinking about Sky High, which I also liked...I am thinking that there are some movies that after you find out what happens, maybe the twists and turns or plot in the movie...is good for seeing once, but it is only special once??????

Step Brothers. At first, I thought it was okay. Then, the second time I saw it, I thought it was good. Then, the 3rd time I saw it, I thought it was very good and I couldn't stop laughing.

As for a change for the worse, TDKR. The first time I saw it, I thought it was great. Then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was just very good. Now, I think it's just a good movie.

I thought Step Brothers was so the funny the first time...it had to lower some, based on that first viewing rating.

Kingdom of Heaven- Director's Cut, at first okay better, now great film

Last of the Mohicans- That ending and soundtrack  :wub:

Once Upon A Time in The West- Thought it boring and long, its not a Western Masterpiece of the highest calibre.  B)

Gladiator - I listened too much of the critics hating on the film, but I watched it and its undoubtedly the best film in its genre and a modern classic. The audiences enduring love of this film continues 14 years latter. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Kingdom of Heaven- Director's Cut, at first okay better, now great film

Last of the Mohicans- That ending and soundtrack  :wub:

Once Upon A Time in The West- Thought it boring and long, its not a Western Masterpiece of the highest calibre.  B)

Gladiator - I listened too much of the critics hating on the film, but I watched it and its undoubtedly the best film in its genre and a modern classic. The audiences enduring love of this film continues 14 years latter.

For me, Last of the Moficans was always loved by critics and I thought it was very good. Plus it had the great Daniel Day Lewis and the Beautiful Madeline Stowe.

And Gladiator with The great Russell Crowe. was Amazing.

Just saw Sky High on Cable, fog the first time in Years...and I thought it still holds up pretty well.

Yeah, not at all surprised everyone really likes Titanic now after initially hating it as kids. That overexposed "My Heart Will Go On" did a number on the accuracy of people's memories of the actual film.

Avatar OTOH sucks harder on each successive viewing.

Not everybody likes titanic .

Anyway the burton batman films, I almost hate them now while I loved them when they were released .