rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

Just given other films you like (or don't).

I like most films, maybe I said on this forum that I didn t like some films but in general I am a good audience and I am easily pleased but the Godfathers films are really strange for me, maybe their reputation was too high in my head and it could never live up to the hype I had constructed in my mind. Those movies are like totems that everybody feel compelled to admire but it just didn t work for me for some reason.

But maybe I ll like them more when I see them again.

I am a glass half full kind of guy most of the time.

• Like 2

Godfather 1 & 2 bored the fuck out of my mind like few movies.

I had heard so much about those films that I was expecting something at least interesting but the characters and the story never grabbed me, I was just bored and it was so long ...

Maybe I ll see the light one day but I don t understand their critical and commercial success. And that fucking theme good lord, it s repeated way too many times...

These two movies are mysteries to me, generic, dull and boring.

I'm with on this, I also found the Godfather boring. Enough so that I never bothered to see the second one

• Like 1

Godfather 1 > 2

Alien > Aliens

T1 > T2

Finding Nemo and Wall-E are the only Pixar films that deserve top 100. However Ratatouille and TS2 are much better than a lot of the films mentioned.

I honestly don't get the extreme love people have for Finding Nemo. I really like it, but I think it is one of the most overrated movies of all-time.
  • Like 5

Aliens is just the richer movie. Alien is pure suspense/horror that's chilling and tense as all hell, but Aliens finds enough time for horror, action, drama *and* comedy without ever breaking a sweat, its cast of characters is a lot more engaging, and the whole motherhood motif seals the deal for me. Being a guy who'll probably only be a parent himself in another decade or so (if ever), I wouldn't necessarily think I'd find that theme of the film so damn touching, but I do, and that means Cameron and Weaver did their job incredibly well. 

see, this is what i'd be worried about. movies that bulk up on the horror! action! drama! comedy! are often overstuffed and uninteresting.

alien was much more singular in its approach, and as a result was much more singular.

(i am exceedingly proud of that sentence)

• Like 1

I honestly don't get the extreme love people have for Finding Nemo. I really like it, but I think it is one of the most overrated movies of all-time.

I don't get how people think it's overrated, I find it to be easily the best animated movie of all time.

• Like 4

see, this is what i'd be worried about. movies that bulk up on the horror! action! drama! comedy! are often overstuffed and uninteresting.

Well, I never claimed otherwise. Aliens is great because it's one of the few movies that more or less nails the balance. 

• Like 2

29. The Incredibles (2004) 31 points- 15 votes

"No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

20111129195517!The_Incredibles_poster.jp

Bob Parr (A.K.A. Mr. Incredible), and his wife Helen (A.K.A. Elastigirl), are the world's greatest famous crime-fighting superheroes in Metroville. Always saving lives and battling evil on a daily basis. But fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to the suburbs where they have no choice but to retire of being a superhero and force to live a "normal life" with their three children Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack (who were secretly born with superpowers). Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment. He soon discovers that it will take a super family effort to rescue the world from total destruction.

Trivia: Brad Bird originally conceived this as a conventional cel-animated film when he pitched it. The cel-animated sequences seen in the End Credits are a representation of his original concept.

Ruk's Comments

"Quite possibly the only Pixar film where people have actually wanted a sequel to (yet Cars is the one which gets a trilogy...) The Incredibles works as both a superhero film and a family drama. You have a lot of films (especially on kids tv) involving families and superpowers but this is one of the few ones which I actually think makes it work. Most because both Bob and Violet Parr are such fantastically well-rounded characters and, deservedly, where the focus lies.

Add in some great action and a lot of surprisingly dark moments, it's easy to see why this film is so beloved."

• Like 14

28. The Good the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 31.3 points- 10 votes

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

good_the_bad_and_the_ugly.jpg

Blondie (The Good) is a professional gunslinger who is out trying to earn a few dollars. Angel Eyes (The Bad) is a hit man who always commits to a task and sees it through, as long as he is paid to do so. And Tuco (The Ugly) is a wanted outlaw trying to take care of his own hide. Tuco and Blondie share a partnership together making money off Tuco's bounty, but when Blondie unties the partnership, Tuco tries to hunt down Blondie. When Blondie and Tuco come across a horse carriage loaded with dead bodies, they soon learn from the only survivor (Bill Carson) that he and a few other men have buried a stash of gold in a cemetery. Unfortunately Carson dies and Tuco only finds out the name of the cemetery, while Blondie finds out the name on the grave. Now the two must keep each other alive in order to find the gold. Angel Eyes (who had been looking for Bill Carson) discovers that Tuco and Blondie meet with Carson and knows they know the location of the gold. All he needs is for the two to lead him to it. Now The Good, The Bad and The Ugly must all battle it out to get their hands on $200,000 worth of gold.

Trivia: A trilogy of them this time, all with a similar theme.

Eli Wallach would have been decapitated during the train scene if he had lifted his head up. In the wide-shot, you can see the step that would have impacted his head.

In addition to the train scene,Eli Wallach cheated death in the first scene where Blondie shoots him down from a hanging. The gunshot scared the horse, which took off running at full speed for nearly a mile. Wallach's hands were tied behind his back, and he had to hang for dear life with his knees.

Eli Wallach was almost poisoned on the set after drinking acid used to burn the bags filled with gold coin to make them rip open easier when struck with the spade. The acid had been poured into a lemon soda bottle and Wallach didn't know it. He drank a lot of milk and filmed the scene with a mouth full of sores.

Basically, during the shooting of this film, Eli Wallach was either incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky.

Ruk's Comments

"God damn I love this movie. Seriously, it's in my Top 5. And between this and Once Upon a Time in the West, it's hard not to call Sergio Leone the King of the Western. (Poor John Ford didn't get a single movie on this list.) And that's completely logical considering just how good this film is. Nobody can do standoffs like Leone. Were it any other directors then they could quickly become tiresome but Leone's amazing direction, mixed with Morricone's iconic score and some brilliant lead performances from Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach and they become pure cinematic magic." 

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 13