grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

Gone Girl seems to be flopping in more places besides Portugal. I know nothing about Dracula besides Portugal's big opening. 

Ok. I just wondered if there were any projections for what they might do this weekend OS.

Is it just me, or was that scene a huge, out of nowhere tonal shift to the freaky in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?  Its like "Yea for the happy cheerful kids movie... Who then all get kidnapped by scary strangers, are taken away and are never seen again".  Like the scene in "Different Strokes" where the kids almost get molested and its partially played for laughs.  Its like "WTF just happened?"

Back on topic, albeit mean-spiritedly, I'll admit to being rooting slightly against Annabelle since I bet the under in Chasmmi's competition.  Viewing the BO numbers in a different light is going to take some getting used to.

Edited by Wrath

Finally a horror movie smashing this year! I'm so glad. I hope that Annabelle can finish the Weekend in #1. *dreaming*

The Purge: Anarchy was most certainly a smash. It grossed more than it's predecessor and finished with over 7x its production cost domestically alone.