Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

I jUST love that the arrogant jerk, Miles Teller, is not associated with this film. His oscar hopeful bombed and vanished without a trace. The only way he will have any career is if he establishes a great relation with a filmmaker just like Michael B jordan has with Ryan Coogler. Without Ryan, Michael won't have Fruitvale station, Creed and Black Panther on his resume. He gets work cuz they are great buds.

Learn something from Michael if you want to survive in Hollywood

• Like 1

William Friedkin says that Damien Chazelle is the future of american cinema and that he will be a major force in shaping it.

http://theplaylist.net/william-friedkin-says-la-la-land-director-damien-chazelle-future-american-cinema-20161208/

I concur.

Whiplash and La La Land proves that he is a genuine talent unlike 1 hit wonders and/or overrated filmmakers taking on franchises and making mostly safe films.

6 hours ago, JennaJ said:

I've been listening to the soundtrack non stop since it came out, though for some reason the John Legend song isn't available on Apple Music, not sure why. I love these songs and I love this movie. Already planning my next viewing.

Yeah, I've been listening to it on Apple Music as well and I'm very annoyed that song isn't available.

Pretty good soundtrack. City of Stars still outshines everything else though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Man, why did they have to delay the wide release to Christmas Day? That's just dumb as fuck.

I don't get it either, I know Rogue One is scary but i cant imagine that audience shares alot with La La Land. Good counter-programming survives against tentpoles. Now it's going into the crowded Christmas fray with much more competition.

They should have stuck with the original release plan:

ny/la Dec-2

limited (400 theaters) -Dec. 9

wide Dec.16 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I don't get it either, I know Rogue One is scary but i cant imagine that audience shares alot with La La Land. Good counter-programming survives against tentpoles. Now it's going into the crowded Christmas fray with much more competition.

They should have stuck with the original release plan:

ny/la Dec-2

limited (400 theaters) -Dec. 9

wide Dec.16 

To be fair, this movie's run is gonna be all about the long haul. It's still gonna be making a decent sum of money by Oscar night if it truly emerges as the undeniable frontrunner.

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This movie probably gives diabetes.

42 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

It's actually pretty bittersweet. It's not as "saccharine love affair" as you may assume, though it is very romantic.

I'd even say it was more bitter than sweet, actually.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, this movie's run is gonna be all about the long haul. It's still gonna be making a decent sum of money by Oscar night if it truly emerges as the undeniable frontrunner.

Yeah, I've wondered if "everywhere Christmas Day" means 600 theaters everywhere (BOM's definition of a wide release), 1800 theaters everywhere or  3000 theaters everywhere. Even if it ultimately loses the Oscar it should get multiple Golden Globe wins, then the Oscar nominations, and they can center expansions around the phases of awards season.  Musicals that strike an emotional chord tend to have very leggy runs, so I think La La Land will be OK even without rushing to make all its money ahead of Rogue One.