grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Oh, ok. Well, considering IMDB's track records in the past on these type of things, I wouldn't be surprised if the site shut down, but we should at least wait before assuming anything.

If it does shut down, I'll be a little annoyed, but not outraged. I stopped frequenting BOM after the forums went down and my interest in BO has only declined. With that said, it was one of the top box office websites in the world, and when it had its own forums, it was one of the best communities on the internet, so it would suck if it went down.

The key thing, however, is that IMDB integrate the data into its site. That data, as others have pointed out, is valuable and should be saved. If that happens, this would be something annoying, but not awful (after all, the nature of the internet is such that a lot of sites will go under). If the data isn't saved, though, then IMDB can go fuck itself.

• Like 3

Why does anyone automatically assume it will be made pay? I mean, it could certainly happen, but why is it that people automatically jumped to that conclusion without us ever getting any confirmation that the site was even being shut down?

Edited by TServo2049

Shame. Boxoffice.com, while nice, had nowhere near as good writers as Ray Subers, as well as having a clearer calendar to show what's limited and what's not. Now what do we do?

Don't agree with Subers, he's no  Brandon at all.He's fine but Shawn's analysis here on  this site is better IMO.

But for pure number BOM  beat BO.com handdown

• Like 1

Why does anyone automatically assume it will be made pay? I mean, it could certainly happen, but why is it that people automatically jumped to that conclusion without us ever getting any confirmation that the site was even being shut down?

GREED and how that godawful imdb site is run. I can pretty much guarantee if IMDB saved the data it would be available for only paying subscribers.

• Like 1

This is total bullshit, IMDB can kiss the fattest part of my ass. BOM had an invaluable comprehensive set of data from the release schedule to each individual's filmography to how much a movie made in its 80th weekend. I bloody hate IMDB those greedy assholes.