grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Then why'd they acquire it in the first place? At any rate, if they just want to make more money they could simply make BOM available for a monthly fee. Or just sell BOM to somebody else. I'm sure all the data will end up being accessible, but whether that's at IMDB/BOM, and whether it's still free, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

To kill the competition. Or they thought they could monetize it. And failed. Google is famous for acquiring stuff at hundreds of millions of dollars only to shut it down.

Edited by maxenricfan

Honestly, IMDB should have never branched out from being a movie data site. That's all it needed to be, I never used anything else on that site.

I'd rather have a bunch of little sites that each do one thing well than one huge site that tries to do everything and sucks at everything.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 10

It's funny, I've been loyal to half a dozen sites for over a decade and BOM is the only one to screw me over again and again.

First losing the forums, now this.

I wish Brandon Gray never sold that gem of a website. It's a damn shame what has happened since.

Honestly from 2008 till like 2011, the site ran fine under IMDB. Then, all of a sudden, a bunch of new guys (Tom K and Ray) came along as admins. And it still ran mostly well but there were a few issues. And then, just randomly it went down one day, and boom, they fucked us all over.

• Like 2

Yesterday, so much data was a click away,

Now it seems that they're lost in the fray,

Oh I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, box office has gone to misery,

Due to assholes at IMdB,

Oh yesterday, came so suddenly.

Why did they have to go?

I don't know, Brad wouldn't say,

We have gotten all shut out

In the clout of yesterday.

Yesterday, box office was easier to play,

Now we need web archives just to stay,

Oh, I, believe in Yesterday...

• Like 19

Dear god this is absolutely awful as any kind of box office tracking fan. BOM was the place to keep up on the box office. Sorry, but nowhere else can remotely compare. Think of all the stats and data we no longer have access to without it! :(  I can't even find freakin dailies on IMDB! Seriously this sucks  so hard it's beyond expression. :angry: It simply will not be fun to track box office anymore without BOM or a new site very similar to it. If it doesn't come back I may honestly lose my interest in box office tracking, and I never thought I'd say that.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 10

It's funny, I've been loyal to half a dozen sites for over a decade and BOM is the only one to screw me over again and again.

First losing the forums, now this.

I wish Brandon Gray never sold that gem of a website. It's a damn shame what has happened since.

BOM was perfect for movie and BO geeks like us. Everything was easily accessible unlike BO.com or the-numbers and the fucking showdowns, I'm going to miss them the most. This fucking blows. 

• Like 1