CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Typical reminder that Henry Cavill was at the twitter trends for different reasons at least 3 times this past week (today for wearing a ridiculous  hat) but WB still refuses to give him his sequel.

Twitter trends only matter to studios when they already have millions and in-production endeavors invested in an actor.  Cavill's Superman is in limbo.  Warner Bros. made their bed 6-7 years ago when they decided against producing a Cavill-solo sequel.  And with all the drama they went through, it's not going to happen now. 

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Twitter trends only matter to studios when they already have millions and in-production endeavors invested in an actor.  Cavill's Superman is in limbo.  Warner Bros. made their bed 6-7 years ago when they decided against producing a Cavill-solo sequel.  And with all the drama they went through, it's not going to happen now. 

Yeah but things change. Constantly. A year or so ago we wouldn't have this discussion. But the possibility  of him returning is real now. We do know that he will appear in multiple cameos. Why not a movie down the line?

The audience wants it. Cavill is more popular than ever.

We get Affleck and Jeaton back as Batman. I refuse to believe that a MOS sequel "is not going to happen"

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s actually somewhat surprising to see how popular Henry Cavill appears to be these days. When he was playing Superman, people kept going on about how he was a bad actor who had zero charisma, but now he’s able to get himself trending when he so much as sneezes?

In the last couple of years the guy gave a spot on performance as a beloved character with a huge following, went on to be in one of the best blockbusters in years and again get good reviews for it and currently he is getting great reviews for playing freaking Sherlock Holmes.He is not a thespian but he can give a good performance and is very likeable. 

Add a couple of hilarious interviews, his famous "PC" meme and his looks that are second to none....it's not that hard.

Playing Superman is a well received Superman movie will just be the icing.

• Thanks 1

Cavill's Superman was very well received. People took issue with certain aspects of the film itself, never him. Had MGM ditched Craig after Quantum of Solace, they never would have had SKYFALL. 

This movie needs to be in the hands of the right Director. Get Abrams, Rian Johnson or Brad Bird - someone with artistic integrity who the internet will respect ala Matt Reeves. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 3

The real problem is that WB wants to keep Snyder vision and there is no director who will accept this. Everyone will obviously show a new vision to them but they will decline. So that's why this was never announced.

Christopher Mcquarrie already said that he offered new ideas for this and for a Green Lantern movie but WB didn't gave a f, just asking for him to fix things on the past movie and move on. Who knows if Abrams and other directors went through the same situation as Mcquarrie?

My fear is that the fact that no one accepting what WB wants, they will call Snyder back and jesus NO.

• ...wtf 1

25 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The real problem is that WB wants to keep Snyder vision and there is no director who will accept this. Everyone will obviously show a new vision to them but they will decline. So that's why this was never announced.

Christopher Mcquarrie already said that he offered new ideas for this and for a Green Lantern movie but WB didn't gave a f, just asking for him to fix things on the past movie and move on. Who knows if Abrams and other directors went through the same situation as Mcquarrie?

My fear is that the fact that no one accepting what WB wants, they will call Snyder back and jesus NO.

Somehow I seriously doubt that WB turned down McQuarrie’s pitch because it went against Snyder’s vision. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s actually somewhat surprising to see how popular Henry Cavill appears to be these days. When he was playing Superman, people kept going on about how he was a bad actor who had zero charisma, but now he’s able to get himself trending when he so much as sneezes?

I imagine his popularity has been boosted greatly by the success of The Witcher. Netflix alleges that it was watched by 76 million people in its first month. Without doubt one of the biggest TV hits of last year.

• Like 1

Witcher could be better but it was still food enough for people to watch it. Henry's great portrayal  of a beloved character and his interviews made him extremely likeable to an audience that it's sometimes a tough cookie...the nerds, the gamers. 9Gag has even crowned him their new king. Henry's peers never had this kind of recognition in these communities.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:55 PM, belblazer said:

What reality are you living in? WB has pretty much ditched Snyder vision BvS, even bringing in Joss Whedon to  basically "fix" Justice League.

I think the rejected projects were not rejected because they clashed with Snyder's "vision".

Warners has been beyond Snyder's vision for some time. They are allowing him to do his cut of JL  for HBO/Max and/or streaming, but that is it.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What reality are you living in? WB has pretty much ditched Snyder vision BvS, even bringing in Joss Whedon to  basically "fix" Justice League.

I think the rejected projects were not rejected because they clashed with Snyder's "vision".

Warners has been beyond Snyder's vision for some time. They are allowing him to do his cut of JL  for HBO/Max and/or streaming, but that is it.

I was referring to the >Man of Steel< vision, not the entire so called universe. They always were obsessed with things like the ~evil Superman~, they are probably wanting to keep the serious tone or something.

It happened literally the same with the Flash movie. Both WB and Ezra fought to keep a serious/drama tone in the movie and all past directors declined the project, until find Andy.

We won't see this movie until at least 11-12 years after the first one and of course there is a reason for this. Directors are not accepting what WB wants. They offered this movie even to Gunn and he declined lol

Zack Snyder returned as a producer on WW84, and Deborah Snyder also said 2 months ago that they're producing something else for DC (rumored to be The Flash). He also confirmed 2 months ago that it was his decision to leave Justice League, not WB's. Not to mention the people at DC Films that clashed with his vision were quickly moved to other jobs in the company after the results of what they did to the JL film. So I wouldn't say for sure WB has "ditched" his vision.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:37 PM, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder returned as a producer on WW84, and Deborah Snyder also said 2 months ago that they're producing something else for DC (rumored to be The Flash). He also confirmed 2 months ago that it was his decision to leave Justice League, not WB's. Not to mention the people at DC Films that clashed with his vision were quickly moved to other jobs in the company after the results of what they did to the JL film. So I wouldn't say for sure WB has "ditched" his vision.

What???? No way that's true. I doubt he said that.  

Upon looking back at Man of Steel, I think I’ve regained some of my past appreciation for it. It’s a flawed movie for sure, but I do like the ideas behind it, and I  do genuinely like the prologue on Krypton, even if it perhaps goes on longer than it needs to. I was actually one of those people who defended the movie back in the day, and despite its rough spots, I was cautiously optimistic that it would lead to something better and brighter. I mean, the last shot of the movie is literally Clark Kent smiling.