CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

On 8/27/2022 at 12:08 PM, grim22 said:

Ok. From what I'm hearing, this coming week is pretty much paramount for Cavill returning as Superman. Can't go into any specifics beyond this. I'll not know the results till late September. 

But suffice to say, Labor Day or nothing.

@cax16

Ok, with the caveat that I AM NOT A SCOOPER. I am just conveying what I have heard and please please please don't take this as anything apart from this is what I have heard

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently they have filmed like 10 seconds of footage for Black Adam post-credits. We see his face.

We are about a month away from confirmation.

Again - NOT A SCOOPER. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this as anything more than office talk.

@cax16

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Ok, with the caveat that I AM NOT A SCOOPER. I am just conveying what I have heard and please please please don't take this as anything apart from this is what I have heard

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently they have filmed like 10 seconds of footage for Black Adam post-credits. We see his face.

We are about a month away from confirmation.

Again - NOT A SCOOPER. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this as anything more than office talk.

@cax16

Thank you! I hope they have a movie planned for him also. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@cax16

Finally some exciting news, and it likely means he's signed for more movies as well. A DC universe without Superman would never make any sense.

At least if Henry Cavill comes back, they can finally stop with all these faceless cameos, and we wouldn’t have to deal with the backlash of Supergirl replacing him, but would we actually get a new Superman movie out of it? Because I’m still not sure how that’s supposed to work, if they’re stuck using the version Snyder created.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:26 AM, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@cax16

Spoiler

If this true then just make The Rock the new DC Chief as he's the only person bothering and making stuff happen at this point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well...of course... All we've been hearing is that "The hierarchy of the DC Universe is changing!" 😁 

Rock is obviously asserting whatever creative control he can...and obviously he and you-know-who currently share the same manager, so if this is true, I could see Zaslav agreeing for a while simply to say "something is better than nothing" for the time being, re_ any other Superman on the big screen...until they figure out their longer-term plan.  But I wouldn't dismiss Hamada or anyone else -- they're in the middle of a huge corporate transition -- and by all indications they have very little say in what's being decided at the top... as evidenced by the BATGIRL surprise move.  

Edited by Macleod

On 9/12/2022 at 2:28 PM, cax16 said:

Thank you! I hope they have a movie planned for him also. 

@belblazerposted this in the Black Adam thread

9 hours ago, belblazer said:

At the 21 second mark, The Rock saying "there's no one ON THIS PLANET that can stop me" is the setup for Cavill to say "Lucky I'm not from this planet" [/quote]

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thought exactly the same thing when I heard that line.  😂  If that isn't a clue...I don't know what is.

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Now KC Walsh is claiming that his source told him Cavill isn’t in BA. God, this constant will they, won’t they is beyond tiresome. 

@grim22 is the only scooper that matters.

I’m kidding btw so don’t yell at me. I don’t think anyone knows anything for sure yet it seems. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

@grim22 is the only scooper that matters.

I’m kidding btw so don’t yell at me. I don’t think anyone knows anything for sure yet it seems. 

All I know is that I’m beyond tired after four years of this. If Cavill isn’t coming back, either him or someone at WB needs to come out and announce it, so we can all move on.

And for God’s sake, WB, please stop with the headless “cameos.” 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All I know is that I’m beyond tired after four years of this. If Cavill isn’t coming back, either him or someone at WB needs to come out and announce it, so we can all move on.

And for God’s sake, WB, please stop with the headless “cameos.” 

I agree with everything you said. 

• Like 1