CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

I like the logo, but don't like the release date as it stands. Jurassic World is way too close and still a lot of the buzz, especially overseas.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

I like the logo, but don't like the release date as it stands. Jurassic World is way too close and still a lot of the buzz, especially overseas.

I think Jurassic World gets delayed tbh. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

THE NAKED GUN reboot is now set for JULY 15, 2025, which is a Tuesday.

THR says it's JULY 28th. I actually think it's JULY 18th.

So:

11 SUPERMAN: LEGACY

18 NAKED GUN

25 THE FANTASTIC FOUR

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Gunn didn't tell the truth in that post. All it takes is a state level FOIA to directly contradict the claim.

Here's the actual document the journalist was citing.

Gunn might not have lied (this reads as an off the cuff response) but it's a false statement that Gunn really could reasonably be expected to know is false when he made it. I assume Gunn doesn't instinctively know the FOIA rights for each state but he used that epistemological dodge to dispute a budget claim he'd have known is true.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Gunn lied. I'm looking directly at WB's statement.

Here's the actual document the journalist was citing.

It's the Ohio tax credit with Ohio spend being 36M which is what we know. As you yourself say in the post, there is no definition of "Production budget" in the filing.

With Ohio and GA tax credits, we won't know what the actual budget comes out to because tax credits are in the end based on including every single thing they can think of where as the announced budget is excluding some things which will be written off as non-Production specific.

250M all said sounds like a likely number because that's kind of what a Superman movie would need to be big in scope.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's the Ohio tax credit with Ohio spend being 36M which is what we know. As you yourself say in the post, there is no definition of "Production budget" in the filing.

With Ohio and GA tax credits, we won't know what the actual budget comes out to because tax credits are in the end based on including every single thing they can think of where as the announced budget is excluding some things which will be written off as non-Production specific.

250M all said sounds like a likely number because that's kind of what a Superman movie would need to be big in scope.

Yeah, tax credit budgets are probably inflated in the way you're sketching out but I see an strong artificial distinction being drawn between $36M of QE in Ohio and the $363M "production budget" reported. The $36M will presumably come under more regulatory scrutiny (from the way the law is worded, it feels as if the total production budget stuff is in large part required to ensure the movie will be genuinely produced if given public money) but both are explicit claims from WB in response to legal requirements. WB's going to have passed along some financing documents. 

53 minutes ago, dallas said:

The amount of people willing to believe a random source's outlandish claim over the words of the director himself is incredibly saddening. 

Sure, but the actual source here is a legally binding document prepared by Warner Brothers/Legacy's mini corporate entity and submitted with attribution. The random source was simply the first one to publish the data. This is no different from one of those Forbes.com citations of UK company house data. The big problem is that the's no published Georgia tax break/estimated tax break so the number looks weird.

outlandish

Is it really outlandish that Superman: Legacy would carry a 250-300M net budget?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Sure, but the actual source here is a legally binding document prepared by Warner Brothers/Legacy's mini corporate entity and submitted with attribution. The random source was simply the first one to publish the data. This is no different from one of those Forbes.com citations of UK company house data. The big problem is that the's no published Georgia tax break/estimated tax break so the number looks weird.

Is it really outlandish that Superman: Legacy would carry a 250-300M net budget?

I see. There are also rumors of them filming in Norway, which also offers a 25% tax break. 

• Like 1