CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

5 hours ago, dallas said:

The amount of people willing to believe a random source's outlandish claim over the words of the director himself is incredibly saddening. 

Yes, but one of gripes with a lot of people on this site is how they  buy into ANY stray rumour that comes along.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I would assume the $363 million figure includes marketing costs. 

Probably does not. Studios generally carry marketing costs on another seperate  budget then production. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

i still question the film's international viability across the pond

I think Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman are (relatively) bigger domestically than overseas, compared to something like Aquaman.

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

I think Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman are (relatively) bigger domestically than overseas, compared to something like Aquaman.

They are way bigger domestically than overseas.  Aquaman is the 4th highest grossing DC film domestically, yet number 1 by a decent margin worldwide.  His film made less than Wonder Woman domestically, but way more worldwide.

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Was hoping for a bit brighter logo. Show me the whole thing!!!

That looks like it'll be pretty red and colorful under the right lighting. The snow gives it a christmasy feel. 

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Was hoping for a bit brighter logo. Show me the whole thing!!!

To be fair, it was taken on Gunn's iPhone with no color grading or anything. I'm sure the final product will be better. 

Also I think it's worth noting that the $364M figure is nothing official because it's the budget before tax breaks and all that. All movies have two budgets: the real budget and the reported budget. This is just another example of the infamous Hollywood accounting. I'm sure the official budget for Superman will land around $250M, which is honestly nothing crazy considering that's how much Gunn's most recent CBM cost. 

• Like 1

I always thought that the people that thought there was any chance of this movie coming anywhere under 200 million were living on fantasy land.

• Like 2

Agreed. I suspect they will make an effort not to have it cost more then 200 Million, though.

RThe days when studios more or less  aloowed CBM to go overbudget on the grounds "well, we will get out money back" as over with the long string of expensive CBM failures we saw last year.

And not just for CBM but for movies in general, studios just cannot throw money around like they have been for the past few years. Things have changed,

Edited by dudalb